For those who wish to:
- Go on for undergraduate (bachelor degree) study, or
- Go on for graduate (master or Ph.D. degree) study,or
- Improve their English language skills for professional or other purposes
De La Salle Language Institute is part of Saint Mary’s University and located in its own building on campus. It offers a comprehensive, intensive English program of core and elective classes. Students attend all core classes and choose at least two electives. Enrollment is open to 30 - 40 students.
International candidates for admission must complete and file all the required application documents listed below. Admission will be granted if the materials indicate satisfactory preparation for academic work at the university.
Required Application Materials:
- Application form – available online
- Copies of Official Transcripts — secondary (high school) and any university grades Also provide official English translations if transcripts are not in English.
- Financial Verification Documents— Original bank letter/document showing proof that your financial sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your attendance at Saint Mary’s University for at least 1 year. (Do not send copies or email attachments). Note: Make sure your full name is listed as the beneficiary of the funding when mailing the document.
- Passport Identification Page(s) — Copy showing your full name, birth date and passport expiration date.
You must send your financial verification document by postal mail to:
International Admission Office
700 Terrace Heights #34
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Winona, MN 55987-1399, USA
Upon acceptance to Saint Mary's University, you will need to submit a confirmation deposit in the amount of US$ $1000.00 to the university. The deposit is credited towards your first semester tuition. If you fail to obtain a F-1 student visa from the U.S. Embassy, the university will refund the deposit upon receipt of the original SEVIS Form I-20 issued to you. The university will deduct an administrative processing fee of US$ $100.00 from the confirmation deposit prior to the refund. Any unpaid balance for tuition, books, student related fees, and room and board fees are to be paid in full at the start of each semester or special program.