Degree-seeking international candidates for admission must complete and file all the required application documents listed below. Admission will be granted if the materials indicate satisfactory preparation for academic work at the university.
Required Application Documents:
1. Application Form – available online
2. Official Transcripts — All high school (four years) and any university grades (Do not send copies or email attachments). Also provide official English translations if original transcripts are not in English.
3. Financial Verification Document— Original bank letter/statement showing proof that your financial sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your attendance at Saint Mary’s University for at least 1 year. (Do not send copies or email attachments.)
4. Passport Identification Page(s) — Copy showing your full name, birth date and passport expiration date.
5. English Proficiency Report — Request that your official score report from one of the following tests be sent directly from the testing organization to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota:
a) TOEFL — Provide the Educational Testing Service (ETS) with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s school code # 6632, OR
b) IELTS — Request an original Test Report Form (TRF) from the International English Language Testing System, OR
c) SAT — (only if English is your first language) Provide the College Board with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s school code # 6632
English Proficiency Requirements:
• TOEFL score of 550 (paper based test)
• TOEFL score of 79 (internet based test)
• IELTS score of 7.0
Scholarship Application — Apply for the International Student Cultural Diversity Scholarship.
You must send your transcripts and financial verification document by postal mail to:
International Admission Office
700 Terrace Heights #34
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Winona, MN 55987-1399, USA
Upon acceptance to Saint Mary's University, you will need to submit a confirmation deposit in the amount of US$ $1000.00 to the university. The deposit is credited toward first-semester tuition. If you fail to obtain an F-1 student visa from the U.S. Embassy, the university will refund the deposit upon receipt of the original SEVIS Form I-20 issued to you. The university will deduct an administrative processing fee of US$ $100.00 from the confirmation deposit prior to the refund. Any unpaid balance for tuition, books, student-related fees, and room and board fees are to be paid in full at the start of each semester or special program.