The Hendrickson Institute for Ethical Leadership is committed to serving both emerging and current leaders of society. It is an academic resource for the university and the community, a forum for the exploration of ethical issues.
The Hendrickson Institute strives to:
- Encourage and develop creative, ethical and globally oriented leaders;
- Offer programs that integrate leadership models and ethical principles; and
- Infuse leaders with an appreciation of morals, spirituality and free enterprise.
There is a widely held public perception that some major decision-makers lack an ethical foundation and do little to deal with complex social issues within their organizations. The Hendrickson Institute is founded on the belief that it is possible to develop and educate individuals to lives of ethical leadership and to strive for virtuousness.
Our Unique Role
The Institute supports and emphasizes ethical leaders who strive for, practice and demonstrate:
- Attitude that embraces diversity, differences and ambiguity;
- Appreciation for the gift of globally diverse cultures including our own,
- Imagination that leads not to change, but to transformation;
- Language of stewardship and abundance that transcends ideology;
- Acceptance of and enthusiasm for the positive integration of faith and finance;
- Commitment to do good and to give more,
- Faith that the outcome of giving more is that we receive more for ourselves, and for all of humankind.
These principles are detailed in Doing Right in a Shrinking World by Brother Louis DeThomasis, FSC, and Neal St. Anthony.
We are seeking commitments of time and funding from individuals and organizations that share the passion for emerging ethical leadership. Assistance and funding will help sustain scholarships and current programs.
By promoting and nurturing ethical leaders, we can be effective agents who transform people and organizations; who infuse a new dynamic of innovation that make life better for all; and who create an ethical capitalism that is sustainable. Together we can make a difference.
Hendrickson Institute in the News
Ethics Epicenter - Brother Louis DeThomasis is interviewed in this Minnesota Business article about corporate ethics.
The Hendrickson Institute proudly sponsors conferences and workshops related to ethical leadership and business: