Large events at Saint Mary’s University, particularly during fall semester, will be strictly limited, in keeping with local, state, and federal guidelines. In many cases, events will be canceled, postponed, or reimagined as virtual events to allow virtual participation.
For the most recent event decisions, review the master calendar. In order to promote social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, decisions about the following events have been made:
- Generally, there will be no external events on campus through December.
- Move-in on the Winona Campus remains slated for Aug. 20 for new students. Early arrivals will be notified of dates by their coach, supervisor, or adviser. Move-in dates and times will be assigned and staggered, and a limited number of guests will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Family Weekend is canceled.
- The Hendrickson Forum, previously rescheduled for September, is being evaluated for alternative formats.
Concerts, performances, athletic games, and lectures will have attendance limitations, with priority given to student audiences, and will follow standard protocol including:
- adjusted attendance maximums, physical distancing, and mask-wearing;
- student priority admittance with virtual options for others;
- low-touch environment (no printed tickets or programs; tickets scanned electronically);
- sanitized venues;
- signage listing precautionary measures posted; and
- remote/virtual sessions for those on campus, and off, when available.