The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in its guidance for institutions of higher education, advises that, with a population of fully vaccinated and unvaccinated students and employees, universities have an obligation to protect unvaccinated students and employees.
As a result, the following protocols are in place to support the safety of our students, faculty, and staff and to promote our learning environment:
- All Saint Mary’s community members are asked to observe physical distancing of 6 feet when feasible.
- Masks are required inside all university buildings for all employees and students.
- Masks are not required in a student’s residence hall room when just the student or the student’s roommate are present. Masks are required when other students are in the room.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required, for employees when they are working in their office alone.
- Masks are not required for employees or students when outdoors on any campus.
- Saint Mary’s community members are expected to wash their hands frequently, use sanitizing stations, and follow rules established for various facility and equipment usage.