|Academic Credentialing Specialist
|| Accepting Applications
|| Twin Cities Campus
The Academic Credentialing Specialist (ACS) for the Nursing Programs provides a number of clinical administrative services to program leadership, academic faculty, clinical faculty, and students of the programs. The primary responsibility of the ACS is to assist program leadership with student clinical practicum experience documentation. This includes clinical rotation scheduling, clinical hour tracking, clinical housing placement, and enforcement of regulatory compliance and quality assurance as directed by clinical partners. This position will involve professional interfacing with several major healthcare organizations throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, and other states on behalf of the program and students.
- Clear, ongoing communication with Program Directors via written, and verbal methods, including the willingness to communicate in the evening and on weekends when needed,
- Maintain compliance with multiple healthcare system affiliation agreements, student clinical requirements and site regulations,
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Saint Mary’s credentialing processes and procedures,
- Maintain student clinical practicum schedules with online scheduling programs, including close monitoring of personal days used by the students,
- Maintain student clinical housing schedules including making reservations, verifying housing billing, and paying invoices as needed,
- Assist faculty with clinical course setup on the school approved Learning Management System,
- Collect and maintain an accurate clinical coordinator database and analyze verification information,
- Assist with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Minnesota Education and Research Cost (MERC) grant data collection and annual application and distribution process,
- Maintain student health records including life support certifications, vaccinations, and other records pertinent to clinical experiences,
- Assist with management of an online student clinical experience tracking system designated by the program,
- Assist with program level communications, specifically external partners, such as the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthetists (COA) on behalf of the program regarding student progress in the program,
- Maintain Minnesota Board of Nursing (BON) Registered Nurse (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure verifications for all academic faculty, clinical faculty, and current students,
- Attend program meetings including those that occur in off hours due to student schedules,
- Participate in meetings and events as required,
- Enhance program reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
|Essential Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Serve and protect the program by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements,
- Self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Flexibility to be available to program leadership during off hours such as evenings and weekends,
- Organized, detailed, process orientation,
- Team orientation/collaboration, both as leader and follower,
- Effective time management,
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with various individuals including students, leadership of healthcare systems, healthcare professional organizations, and state nursing regulatory bodies,
- Technology literacy in the use of databases, online learning platforms, email, shared files,
- Updates job knowledge by seeking out and participating in educational opportunities and reading healthcare related publications,
- earning agility/resourcefulness to find information/solve problems,
- Effective writing skills.
||The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in office, administrative, or customer service required.
- Experience in a healthcare related field preferred, but not required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
|Additional Required Materials
|| Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
|Application Review Date
|| Leah Gordon, D.N.P.
|| 12 Month
|Other Details / Information
|| This position is not eligible for work sponsorship
||We encourage members of the protected classes as defined by the federal, state, and municipal law and those persons attracted to a university with a Lasallian Catholic identity to apply.