|Director of Digital Marketing
|| Accepting Applications
|| Twin Cities Campus
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to oversee our marketing planning, including advertising buys with a focus on digital channels (web, social, other digital platforms). This position reports to the associate vice president, marketing and communication, and manages both projects and staff. Under leadership of the Vice President and AVP, this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of brand and program advertising across multiple media, and marketing support for various departments and divisions throughout the university to drive both short and long-term revenue strategic goals. Key partners include admissions, advancement, academics and the president’s office but the position and team support the entire university.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy, with a focus on digital, including determining market needs, understanding economic indicators, doing competitive analysis, managing messaging/content, identifying prospective students, and bringing forth new ways to market/advertise to increase effectiveness;
- Manage the university calendar, including sharing the calendar with key partners, meeting deadlines and budgets and executing full marketing plans;
- Responsible for strategic assessments against goals (ROI and KPIs). Will work with the account manager to ensure scorecards and other metrics are shared with partners and acted upon;
- Collaborate with internal teams and direct designers, writers in development and execution of marketing materials including advertising, web landing pages, multimedia and print;
- Partner with admissions to collect and explain customer insights and facts to drive most effective messages through the best channels, identify critical conversion points and drop off points, optimize user funnels;
- Manage vendors and freelancers for marketing efforts (including paid online media, search engine marketing, interactive marketing, designer);
- Recommend process and system improvements, including best practices in platforms and tools, and use of metrics;
- Serve as marketing and communication trainer on processes (using project management tools, our processes, etc.) for our partner;
- Serve as brand and integration champion of messages through all channels and all communication points across the university.
|Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable on analytics, search engine marketing (including but beyond SEO), user experiences, customer insights, market research methodologies and metrics reporting.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills; a focus on ad and marketing writing.
- Excellent planning, account and project management skills across multiple developing platforms such as websites, social media, apps, and mobile.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to integrate disparate and fragmented content and processes across departments.
- Basic knowledge of digital advertising platforms and their capabilities (Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads, Pinterest Ads, etc.).
- Advanced collaborative skills and team building orientation to work effectively and harmoniously with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- High ethical standards and integrity required, appreciation working for a Lasallian Catholic organization where mission and values ground all work.
||The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
|Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, digital marketing, or related field is required; master’s preferred.
● Expertise running integrated marketing functions and campaigns.
● Significant background, no less 5-7 years of direct experience in integrated marketing, branding, advertising, copywriting.
● Understanding of digital channels and record of best practices (Facebook ads, Google Adwords, LinkedIN ad, Tik Tok, run of site digital apps and sites, etc.).
● Experience with analytics, digital user behavior, campaign metric summaries, content A/B testing, user experience.
● Experience working and coordinating with marketing teams (designers, writers, web specialists, etc.).
● Track record of success in account management or client/partner-facing work.
● Required expertise running marketing campaigns, with emphasis on digital campaigns.
● Demonstrated ability in independent and conceptual thinking, problem solving and decision- making.
● Higher education experience preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
|Additional Required Materials
|| Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
|Application Review Date
|| Lisa Guyott, Associate Vice President for Strategic Communication and Marketing
|| 12 Month
|Other Details / Information
|| This position is not eligible for work sponsorship
||We encourage members of the protected classes as defined by the federal, state, and municipal law and those persons attracted to a university with a Lasallian Catholic identity to apply.