Current Employment Listings
Thank you for your interest in Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. You must complete an application for each position for which you are applying.
Saint Mary’s adheres to the principle that all persons have equal opportunity and access to admissions, employment, facilities, and all programs and activities of the university regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
|Program Director, MA in Teaching|
|Hiring Status||No Longer Accepting Applications|
|Location||Twin Cities Campus|
The Program Director provides leadership for the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program on the Twin Cities campus to ensure program vitality and academic quality by balancing administrative and academic functions. The Program Director works within a community of professionals dedicated to providing relevant, rigorous, and relational academic experiences for adult learners. Respectful interactions and functional coordination is expected among all members of the community in order to effectively manage the program. The Program Director works closely and collaboratively with the MAT Program Director on the Winona campus to ensure a consistent, high quality parallel experience for students and compliance with Public Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) expectations.
Works with the professionals in the departments supporting marketing, student services, field experiences, budgeting and fiscal accountability and the Dean to:
• Facilitate the development of a multi-year marketing and visibility campaign
• Establish and monitor annual enrollment goals
• Ensure registration of accepted students
• Ensure that all students have an orientation to the program
• Monitor academic status of students (probation, leaves, retention, degree completion) and ensure SPAC process supports this (Student Performance Assessment Committee)
• Ensure a course schedule that accounts for student progression and appropriate class sizes
• Works with Field Experience Office in hiring of university supervisors, matching of teacher candidates with supervisors and school settings, and monitoring of student teachers
• Oversee effective implementation of the edTPA process for teaching candidates
• Administer academic policies as documented in the SGPP Catalog & Handbook
• Represent the value of the program to others both inside and outside the university
• Maintain relationships in the community for the purpose of recruiting and marketing
• Forecast income and expenses, create multi-year budgets, and monitor program fiscal performance
• Ensure that all expenses are processed in an accurate, timely, and prudent manner
• Supervise a team of program staff including program coordinator, academic advisor, and faculty
Works with the Dean to:
• Recruit and hire qualified faculty using a variety of sources
• Maintain a roster of exceptional faculty
• Orient faculty to the program and university processes and mission
• Ensure that faculty are teaching from approved syllabi and using updated technology
• Conduct regular faculty meetings to promote coherence in curriculum implementation and sharing of culturally responsive practices
• Provide ongoing support to faculty and work with the Winona MAT director to advance work in the area of culturally responsive teaching
• Evaluate faculty performance by reviewing student evaluations, observing classes, and monitoring professional and scholarly productivity
Works with the Associate Dean of Curriculum and Assessment and Dean to:
• Monitor the development and approval of all syllabi for all courses
• Stay abreast of MN teacher licensing requirements; prepare applications for the Publics Educator and Licensing Standards Board (PELSB) license approval process
• Conduct program reviews at least every three years
• Maintain curricular relevance through ongoing connections within the discipline/industry including formal advisory committees and various environmental scanning approaches
• Implement assessment of student learning initiatives, including signature assessment data gathering and analysis
• Facilitate new instructional approaches such as blended learning options
Professional Development and University Service
Works with Dean to:
• Maintain and enhance disciplinary expertise and scholarship
• Support and advance the university’s Lasallian Catholic mission, heritage and charism
• Contribute to the governance structure of the SGPP by committee involvement
• Participate in school and university celebrations (commencements, convocations, campus events)
• Participate in university initiatives and taskforces
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
|Essential Skills and Abilities||
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Must have effective supervisory skills including performance management and hiring.
• Must have a working knowledge of MN teacher licensing rules and requirements
• Must be able to prioritize.
• Must be able to effectively monitor and manage the area’s budgets and enrollments.
• Must be able to create/maintain a team spirit among students, faculty, and colleagues.
• Must demonstrate professional decorum and ethical decision-making.
• Must demonstrate basic proficiency in office and educational technology.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota seeks a highly qualified, diverse applicant pool and especially encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. SMUMN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
|The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.|
|Education and Experience||
Education and Experience:
• Must have an education related master's degree, doctorate preferred.
• Must have at least three years of successful experience teaching in a K-12 setting, progressive leadership experiences and understanding of culturally responsive teaching preferred.
• Current teaching licensure preferred.
• Higher education experience preferred.
|Additional Required Materials||Cover letter, resume/CV, contact information for three references.|
|Application Review Date||11/22/2019|
|Contact||Dr. Thomas J. Scott, MAT Academic Advisor|
|Contract Length||12 Month|
|Other Details / Information|
|Work Sponsorship||This position is not eligible for work sponsorship|
|We encourage members of the protected classes as defined by the federal, state, and municipal law and those persons attracted to a university with a Lasallian Catholic identity to apply.