M.A. in Integrated Studies
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s unique Master of Arts in Integrated Studies program allows you to design a customized course structure that best matches your interests and career goals.
Watch our webinar
Skills For Business Leaders
Learn more about our advanced degree options in our Graduate School of Business and Technology. Hear about our workplace focused learning in a wide range of fields.
Choose Classes That Match Your Goals
By creating a curriculum that includes independent studies, program electives that fit their focus, and classes offered in other degree program, graduate students are given the opportunity to explore as broadly or as in-depth as they’d like.
Students can choose to:
- Study a narrow topic not available elsewhere
- Combine two or more topics or disciplines
- Learn a unique topic at an individual pace
- Combine an academic interest with specific career goals
In order to graduate, 39 credits are needed, but only nine credits are required. The other 30 credits are selected by the student.
The breadth of courses is substantial. Throughout the M.A. in Integrated Studies, a rigorous learning experience places an emphasis on applying critical thinking and evaluation skills to better understand diverse topics. Graduates of the Saint Mary’s M.A. in Integrated Studies program (formerly the M.A. in Human Development) have gone on to have successful careers as educators, counselors, advocates for social justice, leadership coaches, wellness coaches, and more.
Because the M.A. in Integrated Studies program is so flexible, there are lots of options to choose from.
There's almost no limit to what can be studied in this program.
Current students are studying:
- Holistic Health and Wellness
- Adult Education
- Human Resources Training and Consulting
- Career Coaching
- Legislative Action for Human Trafficking
- Environmental Renewal
- Spirituality in Counseling
- Social Justice
- Career Counseling and the Psychology of the Unemployed
- Addiction and Mental Health
- Leadership Skills Needed in Non-management Fields
- Youth Development
- Higher Education
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Creative Arts in Trauma Recovery
- Online Teaching Methodology
- Mythology in Art
From Start to Finish
You can earn your M.A. in Integrated Studies degree in a little more than two years.
- Cohorts begin each spring and fall.
Classes can be taken online. Location may vary for independent study.