Advance Your Career in Education
Enroll in the Master of Arts in Education—Wisconsin program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and you’ll find a learning environment that blends classroom experiences with independent study.
Effective January 2020, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota will no longer be accepting new applications for this program. Applications may be submitted now for Spring Term 1, starting January 6, 2020.
The Saint Mary’s M.A. in Education—Wisconsin program is designed specifically for licensed Wisconsin educators who want to advance their careers and build their skills. In the past, students’ independent studies have included themes around curriculum design, special education, National Boards, technology, and administration.
If you are a student at eduCATE-WI it’s important to know that some of the credits you’ve earned through eduCATE-WI may be applied toward obtaining your degree from the Saint Mary’s M.A. in Education-Wisconsin program. We encourage you to contact our admission team to learn more.
Upon completion of the Masters of Arts in Education—Wisconsin program, the graduate is expected to be able to do the following:
- Use relevant, current educational effectiveness research to design and implement coherent instruction and learning activities
- Align content, pedagogy, and knowledge of students to engage diverse learners in achieving developmentally appropriate learning objectives
- Assess student learning progress and performance compared to education standards, using appropriate measurement tools and methods
- Promote recognition of bias, fairness, and equity to create an environment of respect and rapport
- Use technology and information systems in communication, instructional design, and lesson delivery to enhance student achievement
- Demonstrate proficient levels of written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills in a variety of situations
- Model professionalism through ethical, reflective practice and documented service, leadership, and positive collaboration
From Start to Finish
- You can earn your M.A. in Education degree in as few as five semesters.
- A cohort model allows for a small team of students to collaborate in convenient locations across the state. The program is offered in a blended delivery format. Online instruction and activities supplement face-to-face interactions.
This program is offered at regional cohorts in Wisconsin.