Renew Your Minnesota Teacher License
The Professional Development Initiatives (PDI) will no longer offer programming as of May 1, 2020. Courses scheduled for November 21, 2019, through April 30, 2020, will run as planned.
Although we can no longer offer graduate credit, the Center for Culturally Responsive Engagement will continue to offer professional development opportunities such as cultural competency workshops and Minnesota teacher relicensure seminars. Please contact The Center directly for further information.
Complete the state-required seminars for relicensure at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota.
Saint Mary’s offers the following seminars each semester, which are state-required areas of study for Minnesota teaching license renewal.
- BPA 1003 Reading Preparation
- BPA 1004 Key Signs of Mental Illness w/Suicide Prevention
- BPA 1007 Best Practices in Teaching English Language Learners
- BPA 1008 Cultural Competency Seminar
- BPA 1006 Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
- Each seminar is approximately 90-120 minutes long. A light lunch will be served to those who attend the whole day.
- All five seminars are offered in one day.
- Take only the seminars you need for your relicensure.
- The cost for each seminar is $50.00.
- Confirmation of attendance is provided by Saint Mary's.
- 1 or 3 grad credit options are available in an independent study format.