Integrated Learning Curriculum
Saint Mary’s general education program is not just a collection of entry-level courses; it is a path to take you where you want to go.
- Begin in the First Year Experience, a set of four courses that address the themes of place, purpose, and well-being, to set yourself up for success.
- Choose one of four interdisciplinary minors to learn different perspectives on a complex, real-life topic. You’ll finish with an additional academic minor on your transcript. Or, if you accept an invitation into the Honors Program, complete the sequence of Honors shared inquiry seminars.
- If you are a transfer student, bring your previous learning to bear on one of these topics. We are eager to work with you!
- Integrate your learning experiences from your major and your interdisciplinary minor, your skills, and your cultural growth in a learning portfolio.
- Apply what you have learned in a capstone community engagement project, where you will collaborate to gain real-life experience.
Employers want leaders who can collaborate, leaders who can see issues from a variety of perspectives, and leaders who can act from day one to contribute in a meaningful way. Integratus prepares you to do that.