Essential Skills for Business Professionals
Develop skills critical to career advancement and success beyond an entry-level job.
The English for business professions minor is a well-rounded program that pairs well with a career in business, law, and other professional and technical fields. Students will build essential skills, including:
- Written and oral communication
- Rhetorical awareness
- Critical thinking and analytical ability
- Research and information literacy
- Collaborative and creative strategies
- Professionalization and self-presentation
Challenge your Perspective
This program will build an understanding of how cultural context is important when communicating. Students will grow and challenge themselves through respect, intellectual flexibility, attention to detail, and cultural sensitivity while developing effective writing abilities in a variety of genres and styles.