Guide to transferring your credits toward a bachelor’s degree
Your earned credits, work experience, and military service may all be applied toward one of Saint Mary’s bachelor of science degree programs.
The Saint Mary’s Transfer Advantage
You need 122 credits to earn the bachelor of science degree, including a minimum of 36 credits from Saint Mary’s. The remaining general education credits can be completed at Saint Mary’s, or transferred from other sources.
- Your past credits are always eligible - they never expire
- Technical college credits are accepted
- Transfer up to 86 credits (70% of your bachelor of science degree)
- Transfer credits for prior learning
- We offer a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) course where you can earn up to 35 college credits using work and life experience.
- You can apply standardized tests such as CLEP or DSST toward your degree.
- We accept military, industry, and business training via the American Council on Education (ACE) or PLA.
Plan your degree
Visit with a transfer counselor or submit your transcripts (unofficial or official) at any time for a transfer of credit evaluation.
We’ll provide you with a personalized, preliminary degree plan for a seamless start at Saint Mary’s, including an estimate of how many credits will transfer toward your bachelor of science degree.