Honoring Your Past Experience
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota recognizes and honors your past experiences with a generous transfer credit policy.
Transferring from a community college
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota provides the best path to complete your degree. We call it the Cardinal Complete. Our accelerated programs provide you with options to make the best decisions for you, saving you time and money.
Transfer your Credits!
- We accept credits other institutions do not.
- We will guarantee your admission and you can transfer up to 86 credits from your community college level courses - just make sure they are graded a C or better.
- Military credits and experience accepted with Joint Services Transcript.
- Have your international transcripts evaluated by ECE, WES, or other agencies for transfer consideration.
- Convenient locations and online options to create your own student-led experience.
- Accelerated evening and online courses saves you time and allows you the flexibility to continue working.
Earn College Credit for Past Learning and Work Experience
Save time and money with our prior learning assessment. Earn up to 35 credits potentially saving you up to $15,000 for your work and life experience.
Contact us today to learn more about finishing your degree your way!
- We accept applications for admission at any time of the year and once accepted, you may begin the program during any one of our three semesters.
- Applicants must have at least 30 semester credits, including college level English composition course.
- Saint Mary's welcomes people from all backgrounds.
122 Credits are needed to earn a Bachelor of Science degree at Saint Mary's. A minimum of 36 credits are required for most programs.
Most courses are 3 credits and are offered conveniently online or on-ground from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., one night a week, for eight weeks. Exceptions include the Accounting program and capstone courses.
Half-time Student: 6 credits per semester (1 night a week) = 18 credits per year
Fall Semester: (6 credits)
Term 1 - Sept. - Oct. (3 credits)
Term 2 - Oct. - Dec. (3 credits)
Spring Semester: (6 credits)
Term 1 - Jan. - Mar. (3 credits)
Term 2 - Mar. - Apr. (3 credits)
Summer Semester: (6 credits)
Term 1 - May - June (3 credits)
Term 2 - July - Aug. (3 credits)
Full-time Student: 12 credits per semester (2 night a week) = 36 credits per year
Fall Semester: (12 credits)
Term 1 - Sept. - Oct. (6 credits)
Term 2 - Oct. - Dec. (6 credits)
Spring Semester: (12 credits)
Term 1 - Jan. - Mar. (6 credits)
Term 2 - Mar. - Apr. (6 credits)
Summer Semester: (12 credits)
Term 1 - May - June (6 credits)
Term 2 - July - Aug. (6 credits)
General Education Equivalents
Required Saint Mary's Competencies | MnTC Goal Areas
Written Communication (3 cr.) | College level English composition course
Oral Communication (3 cr.) | Required Saint Mary's Program Coursework
Science (3 cr.) | Goal 3
Mathematics (3 cr.) | Goal 4 or required Saint Mary's Program Coursework
History, Social Science & Behavioral Science (3 cr.) | Goal 5
Humanities and the Fine Arts (6 cr.) | Goal 6
Global Human Perspectives (3 cr.) | Goals 7 and 8
Ethics and Civic Responsibility | Required Saint Mary's Program Coursework
Information Literacy | Required Saint Mary's Program Coursework
Take Our Transfer Challenge
We challenge you to find out why we’re a leader in transferring your college credit!
Submit your unofficial transcripts or a degree audit report and a transfer counselor will create a preliminary degree plan for you with a transfer of credit estimate. Contact the bachelor's completion admission staff today to get started. You can also visit transferology.com to see how some of your credits might transfer.
Credit Transfer Requirements
Saint Mary's will accept college-level credits from regionally accredited colleges or universities, business and industry training, non-regionally accredited vocational or technical colleges or institutes, military education (ACE), and standardized examinations (CLEP, DSST).
Courses cannot be developmental and you must earn a letter grade of C or better. Contact a transfer counselor to learn how your prior credits can apply towards completing your bachelor’s degree at Saint Mary’s.
Students must submit an application for admission and supply official transcript(s) from all previously attended colleges or universities.
More Accepted Credits
Besides college credits, students can also apply credits from:
- Military training or Industry training as outlined in the American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Programs (CLEP)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- International credits evaluated course-by-course from:
- Non-regionally accredited institutions, on a case-by-case basis