The Saint Mary’s Transfer Advantage
You need 120 credits to earn the bachelor of science degree, including a minimum of 36 credits from Saint Mary’s. The remaining general education credits can be completed at Saint Mary’s, or transferred from other sources, such as Rochester Community and Technical College.
Connect with a Transfer Counselor to learn more about our Community College Adult Transfer Scholarship.
Let’s Get Started
You’ll need a minimum of 30 semester credits and transferred courses must have a grade of “C” or better.
You’ll also need 3 credits completed in college level English Composition:
- Engl. 1117-1118 or equivalent
Transfer students who have completed the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) or an associate of arts degree from Rochester Community and Technical College are considered to have met Saint Mary’s general education requirement for the bachelor of science degree.
Required Saint Mary's Competencies
Click to see the MnTC Goal Areas
Engl. 1117-1118 or equivalent
Goal 4 or approved Business Math course including Accounting
Goals 7 and 8
Required Saint Mary’s coursework
- Your past credits are always eligible – they never expire
- Transfer up to 84 credits (70% of your bachelor of science degree)
- Transfer credits for prior learning
- We offer a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) course where you can earn up to 35 college credits using work and life experience.
- You can apply standardized tests such as CLEP or DSST toward your degree.
- We accept military, industry, and business training via the American Council on Education (ACE) or PLA.
Finish your degree in less time than traditional college programs with our convenient scheduling and start dates. You can take as many as 12 credits per semester, 2 nights a week.
Apply at any time – most programs begin classes six times throughout the year.
Plan your degree
Visit with your transfer counselor, Molly Kroulik-Bigelow, by phone 507-457-8602, text 507-607-7817, or email email@example.com, or submit your transcripts (unofficial or official) at any time for a transfer of credit evaluation.
We’ll provide you with a personalized, preliminary degree plan for a seamless start at Saint Mary’s, including an estimate of how many credits will transfer toward your bachelor of science degree.