Apply for Financial Aid
Applicants to master’s and doctoral degree programs who will be enrolled at least half time are eligible for federal student aid.
How to Apply for Financial Aid at Saint Mary’s
Degree-seeking students who are enrolled at least half time may be eligible for financial aid.
- Create a FSA ID
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
– Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Federal School Code: 002380
- Review SAR for incorrect information, missing information, or a request for additional documentation
- Make any corrections to FAFSA
- If additional documentation is required, submit request to the appropriate office
- Be a fully admitted degree-seeking student at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (Check your application status)
- Be registered as at least a half-time student; typically defined as three graduate credits at Saint Mary's
- A financial aid award letter will be sent six to eight weeks after the completed FAFSA has been received and the student is fully admitted and registered as at least a half-time student
- The financial aid award letter will state the type and amount of the Federal Direct Loan you may borrow
- Complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
Return the required paperwork to the appropriate Financial Aid Office