The Learning Outcomes of an Application-Based Program
The online Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (M.S. BIDA) degree from Saint Mary’s prepares students for effective business intelligence, analytics, data science, and leadership roles by focusing on business acumen, ethics and leadership, data command, technology, and communication. Every single course is designed to connect you to real-world applications. You’ll emerge from the program as an experienced professional, having overcome the challenges of solving actual organizational issues with real-time data sets on multiple occasions.
As a graduate of the M.S. BIDA program, you’ll be able to complete the following program outcomes.
Apply Principles and Skills of Economics, Marketing, and Decision-Making in Data Science Contexts and Environments
- Analyze the economic and marketing environment’s impact on business operations and objectives.
- Evaluate the impact of external market factors, including stakeholders and the government’s function in market activity.
- Categorize and assess consumer behavior and its influence on firm and household decisions.
- Analyze the relationship between price and cost as determinants of supply and demand.
Build and Enhance Business Intelligence Capabilities by Adapting the Appropriate Technology and Software Solutions
- You’ll improve decision-making capabilities by assessing the business intelligence architecture and implementing activities to improve decision-making capabilities.
- Apply the principles and techniques of database design, administration, and implementation to enhance data collection capabilities and decision-support systems.
- Critique the role of information and analytics in supporting business processes and functions.
Analyze Legal and Ethical Principles in Data Science and Decision-Making Contexts
- Evaluate the moral challenges involving best practices of ethical behavior.
- Apply specialized knowledge, results of research, creative expressions, and data design processes.
- Synthesize knowledge to address ethical dilemmas and resolutions.
- Assess the cause of conflict in organizational settings and apply ethical strategies to manage conflicts in diverse environments.
Design Tested and Effective Advanced Analytics Models and Simulations for Decision-Making
- Construct data models and prototypes needed to gain stakeholder support or achieve business objectives.
- Organize big data sets into meaningful structures, incorporating data profiling and quality standards.
- Incorporate the data analysis framework for optimal performance.
- Perform a needs assessment and analytical problem framing.
Communicate Effectively in a Variety of Modes and Contexts
- Articulate the major theories and principles of ethics, conduct needs assessments, and recommend behavioral change strategies.
- Demonstrate and optimize the interpersonal and engagement skill required for success in a global community or organization.
- Effectively communicate analytical conclusions in written and visual formats.
- Articulate assumptions, analyses, and interpretations of data in an oral format.
Get Started Now
Request more information to download your free program brochure and learn more about Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online programs. An enrollment counselor will contact you shortly to share more information and answer your questions. When you’re ready, you can click Apply Now to start your online application.