A new, shared website has been created to unify Winona and Twin Cities library services, which can be viewed at lib.smumn.edu. The new website launched Aug. 23 and features:
- 24/7 chat services
- SuperSearch, the libraries’ unified search tool
- Mobile-friendly design
- Enhanced navigation (site search, user-friendly organization and menus)
To support you during this transition, we plan to:
- Keep the Winona library and Twin Cities library websites available until Monday, Dec. 20,
- Include links to the Winona Library and Twin Cities library websites on the new website’s homepage.
- Inform students about this change in the CommUNITY newsletter, digital signage, and library instruction.
- Update links (Canvas, the university website, etc.) to the new website URL to promote usage.
We are also happy to demo the new website during library instruction as well as at school, department, and committee meetings. To arrange a Zoom presentation, email our new, shared account at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website launch culminates a year’s work, during which we sought to understand student and faculty needs universitywide through student interviews, data analysis, and in-depth discussions. The new website highlights consolidated library services, search tools, and research guides. Ultimately, we hope the new website raises awareness that you may use both libraries; increases access to the libraries’ collections and staff; and mimics the experience you have face-to-face in the libraries, feeling as though a friendly and knowledgeable librarian is guiding you through the research process.
We value your input and will continuously improve the new website with your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com if you have questions, suggestions, or interest in participating in usability testing.