Gain Targeted Skills That You Can Apply Immediately
The online master’s in educational leadership from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is a diverse degree program with applications across many different sectors of education, community development, and corporate training.
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to demonstrate skills in the following key areas:
- Provide educational leadership through the use of leadership principles and technology applicable to educational organizations.
- Create and sustain an educational organization by synthesizing and utilizing leadership principles using creativity and risk-taking strategies.
- Be a visionary change agent by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of the mission and vision shared by the educational organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically by implementing data-driven decision-making strategies, including technology, to make systemic change.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate effectively to facilitate professional learning communities.
- Communicate effectively to promote new educational strategies through mobilizing political support and understanding the culture of the organization.
- Facilitate professional learning communities between all educational stakeholders.
- Mobilize political support by responding to diverse communities and understanding their social impact.
- Advance the organization through coaching and team-building efforts.
- Engage in effective public relations and community outreach.
- Enhance organizational communication through technology.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Evaluate and design curriculum and instruction to ensure and enhance the growth of all learners, especially adults:
- Provide experiences that meet the needs of all learners through the development of appropriate curricular and instructional strategies.
- Ensure all learners have the opportunity to grow, learn, and become contributing members of a learning community.
- Apply theories of adult learning to engage and develop adult learners.
- Foster cultural competency by leveraging diversity to assure the growth of the educational organization.
- Develop skills to be a culturally aware leader able to build teams consisting of diverse members.
- Teach and work with diverse learners.
- Leverage diversity for educational and organizational growth.
- Manage for a safe and effective learning environment utilizing creative supervisory principles and research-based management styles.
- Synthesize and utilize supervisory skills, including conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Manage organizational activities by applying budgeting and financial skills.
- Manage the organizational infrastructure to assure a safe and effective learning environment.
- Identify and interpret internal systems sustaining the vitality of the educational organization.
- Identify and interpret various management styles.
- Apply project management skills.
The Ethical Leader and the Law
- Embrace ethical values to act with responsibility and accountability.
- Lead with integrity and fairness and act in an ethical manner.
- Demonstrate ethical values in service to others.
- Engage in responsible actions demonstrating adherence to state and federal laws.
- Assess educational effectiveness by utilizing data-driven practices and technological strategies.
- Assess institutional and programmatic effectiveness by engaging in reflective practices.
- Access and interpret data to drive organizational and employee/learner improvement.
- Examine ways to improve education through quality data collection and analysis.
- Identify and implement basic research practices using statistics and data analysis.
- Analyze current research and its application for validity and reliability.
- Conduct action research and analyze and communicate the results.
Developing Self and Others
- Empower and nurture employees through effective staff development principles and adult learning theories.
- Engage in personal reflective practice and lifelong learning.
- Foster critical inquiry, ongoing self-reflection, and willingness to change within the organization.
- Improve human performance by applying theories of adult learning and advocating and nurturing staff development along with lifelong adult learning.
- Assess faculty/employee performance and provide feedback.
Get Started Now
Request more information to download your free program brochure and learn more about Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online programs. An enrollment counselor will contact you shortly to share more information and answer your questions. When you’re ready, you can click Apply Now to start your online application.