Calling all student leaders!
Do you love Saint Mary’s? Would you consider yourself a leader on campus? Are you interested in making friends and having the best summer of your life? Then apply to be an orientation leader for 2021!
Orientation leaders work with professional staff to support all new student programs, including orientation, registration, summer programs, and Welcome Weekend. All orientation leaders must be available for the dates listed below. The right person for this position is passionate about Saint Mary’s mission and is an upstanding member of the university community. View the application for the full job description.
- Must have current GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be a current first-year student, sophomore, junior, or continuing senior at Saint Mary’s
- Students who are resident assistants, peer ministers, or admissions ambassadors for the 2021 academic year are not eligible to be orientation leaders
Completed application on Handshake with a résumé and cover letter (answering these questions):
- Why do you want to be an orientation leader?
- How will you represent Saint Mary’s and the Lasallian mission as an orientation leader?
- What skills do you possess as a leader? What skills would you like to develop as a leader?
- Why do you want to be an executive leader?
- What has prepared you to take on a leadership role amongst your peer orientation leaders?
The application deadline is Friday, Feb. 12.
Questions? Contact Tricia Dobrient, coordinator of New Student Orientation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-457-1406.