By LMS Taskforce
As of June 1, Blackboard is no longer being used and Saint Mary’s has officially transferred to the use of Canvas. There are a variety of support systems available to guide you through this change. As a reminder, please funnel all questions, concerns, and issues through the HelpDesk at email@example.com. With their new ticketing system in place, emails and calls are quickly routed to the appropriate person or department to expedite resolution.
When I need help, who can I contact?
- Saint Mary’s HelpDesk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 507-457-7800 or 612-728-5100
- Canvas 24/7 support (get in touch with a Canvas technician):
- Chat: Log into Canvas, click Support (red bar on the left) and choose Chat with Canvas
- Call: 877-601-4784
What if there is content needed from Blackboard after June 1?
If there is course content needed after June 1, please contact the HelpDesk. They will create a ticket to retrieve the necessary items from the archive.
How can I learn the features of Canvas?
- Visit community.smumn.edu/canvas to guide you through the initial steps into Canvas. This page also contains a short introductory video.
- Information on how to use the features of Canvas can be found in the Canvas at SMU (Student Orientation) course. This is available when you first log into Canvas. This course and all future courses are found on the Dashboard.
- Additionally, there are public support documents available.