During the suspension of in-person classes, students at the College now have two options for remote writing support: Through shared Google Document and follow-up phone or email conversation.
To submit your paper to a Writing Studio tutor via shared Google Doc:
- Make an appointment at least three hours in advance by visiting the Writing Studio website at writing.smumn.edu/writing-studio. Select “Sign up for a Writing Studio appointment.”
- Share your paper and your writing assignment description with your tutor on Google Drive before your appointment time. For instructions on how to use Google Drive, please see our Guide to Writing Support.
- Be available during your appointment time for your tutor to call you with questions, to clarify your assignment, and to explain suggestions for revision. Appointments will be made in one-hour blocks. During that time, your tutor will read your paper, make comments, and ask questions. The tutor will call you before the end of your appointment time to discuss your paper.
- Please complete a brief satisfaction survey that you’ll receive via email after your appointment.
To get written feedback from a writing consultant via email:
- Visit the Writing Studio website at writing.smumn.edu/writing-studio. Select “Sign up for an online email review.” This will take you to the submission form.
- Answer the questions about what you need help with, then submit a Microsoft Word version of your paper and your assignment description at the end of the form.
- A writing consultant will email you written feedback by the date requested. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours.
- You can submit your paper anytime, including weekends.