You Belong Here
Where you are matters. Saint Mary’s four-year residential liberal arts college in Winona proves the point.
At Saint Mary’s, you’ll belong to a vibrant community that will get to know you—and your potential. It’s a person-centered environment with professors who will mentor you, plenty of real-world experience, and friendships that can last a lifetime. You’ll be challenged. You’ll have fun. And after graduation, you’ll look back at your experience and see the considerable value you received and the significance of the instruction in shaping the person you’ve become. Learn more about our undergraduate experience and apply today.
When you visit a college campus you can really get an idea of what campus life is all about. There really is no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes.
- Sit in on a class
- Try out the dining hall
- Meet professors
- Talk with Admission and Financial Aid staff
- Attend a sporting or cultural event
- Stay overnight
Our Visit Coordinator will help you set up a memorable visit. Call 507-457-1700 or 800-635-5987, ext. 1700 or schedule online.
"Top 10 Tips" from our admission counselors
10. Take the right courses. Each college may have different requirements for admission. Check the school’s website or speak to an admission counselor to make sure you don’t miss something. Make sure you challenge yourself as well. Show the school you are ready.
9. Know your deadlines. Many colleges and scholarships have posted deadlines for application, scholarship material submission or auditions. Don’t miss out on any opportunities.
8. Plan your test schedule. ACT and SAT are the most common college readiness exams. Test sites often fill so schedule early. AND, make sure to send test scores to the schools you are looking at.
7. Contact your recommenders early. Teachers and counselors are happy to write letters of recommendation as long as you give them enough lead time.
6. Request your transcripts. Whether you request digitally or send through the mail, don’t delay in getting this done. It could hold up admission to your college of choice.
5. Do your research. Determine what is important. You may experience data overload – keep it straight by keeping a notebook. Make sure to compare apples to apples. Does the total cost include room and board? How many credits does tuition cover each semester? Get the facts.
4. Don’t let the price tag scare you. Find out what scholarships, grants, and financial aid are available before you say “it’s too expensive at School X.” Check out the bottom line. You may be very surprised how affordable college can be.
3. Visit campus. All schools offer tours and a chance to meet with an admission representative. Some schools even offer the chance to sit in on a class or meet with a professor. Staying on campus for an overnight visit is a bonus. You’ll see the school in a different light.
2. Understand that there is no perfect fit. Think out of the box. Be open to apply to in-state, out-of-state, public, and private schools that meet your criteria. Investigate each school thoroughly. Narrow your search to schools that fit YOUR needs - not your friends!
1. Apply! Make note of schools that have an early registration deadline. Some schools have rolling admission. Find out what that means by talking with an admission counselor.
What area of study interests you most? Learn about all of our academic programs and majors.
There is so much more to college than classes. Learn more about activities, athletics and outdoor recreation, faith and service, residence life, and more.
Considering a change? Ready to choose Saint Mary’s? Learn more about the benefits of transferring here.
87% of students live on campus
13:1 student/faculty ratio
97% of students receive financial aid
Alumni on Saint Mary’s
The quality of education is top notch as are the professors. Saint Mary’s has many alumni who are top in their fields. The lifelong friendships and connections are everlasting.
– Karen Holmes, President at Medius & Associates, Inc.