B.S. in Healthcare and Human Services Management
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare and Human Services Management program is designed for individuals who want to advance in the health or human services field or to continue on to graduate studies.
A Growing Industry
Statistics indicate a high demand of positions in health care.
Largest Growing Sector
To meet growing healthcare needs, the number of healthcare professionals will have to expand by almost 30 percent overall by 2020—the most dramatic growth of any sector in the U.S. (PDF of full study) Healthcare will provide 12.3 percent of all net new jobs over the next decade and 8.7 percent of all replacement jobs.
Largest Projected Average Growth
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the growth in jobs for healthcare professional and technical occupations (31 percent) and support positions (26 percent) is expected to exceed the projected average growth in the number of all jobs in the U.S. over the same period, which is 17 percent.
Careers available for graduates of the Healthcare and Human Services Management program include:
- Medical and health-services managers
- Patient care providers
- Hospital and clinic employees
- Laboratory managers
- Emergency medical technician supervisors
- Case managers
- Social service liaisons
- Residential coordinators
- Patient/client advocates
- Employment support workers
- County financial workers
- Community service managers or directors
- Social and community assistants
- Probation/corrections assistants
- Nonprofit management
Graduates of the B.S. in Healthcare and Human Services Management program are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate awareness, respect, and adaptability for socio‐cultural diversity in an ever‐changing healthcare and human services environment.
- Integrate effective and professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills into daily practice.
- Act through an ethical and professional mindset with accountability for one’s own actions.
- Demonstrate management skills required in today’s workplaces.
- Incorporate research skills, information literacy, and data analysis into evidence‐based practices.
- Analyze the impact and interaction of public policy issues and healthcare and human services.
- Evaluate the implications and benefits of health information systems.
As a working adult, you have experience that matters. Your firsthand knowledge will enhance classroom discussions, and you’ll gain skills that employers want. Plus, with Saint Mary's generous credit transfer policies, the coursework that you've already completed will help you finish your degree faster.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel), and
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated by a university accepted evaluation source, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards).
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
This program is offered at our Twin Cities and Rochester locations.
Classes starting fall of 2017 in St. Cloud.
Learn about tuition and financial aid options to reach your educational goals.
Meet with Saint Mary’s faculty and staff and get your questions answered at an upcoming information session.
Learn more about the convenient doctoral and master’s programs that Saint Mary’s offers to help advance you in your career.