John C. Parmer
School of Sciences
So many paths forward - like a whole drawer full of forks in the road.
From human biology to environmental biology, from chemistry to pre-medical studies, the John C. Parmer School of Sciences meets you where you are and helps you get to where you want to go.
Our labs feature the latest equipment you’ll need to learn and prepare for your first day in the lab.
- Thermo 1300/ISQ700 GC-MS with TriPlus Robotic Sample Handling
- Thermo P2000 HPLC system
- Agilent 4210 Microwave Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- StellarNet 785 nm Raman Spectrometer
- Varian EM360 with Anasazi EFT-60 Upgrade NMR Spectrometer
- Thermo Evolution 300 UV-Vis Spectrometer
- Thermo Evolution Array UV-Vis Spectrometer
- Thermo Nicolet 380 IR Spectrometer
Our students. Their stories.
Physician to Olympians
Born and raised on the Mississippi River in Winona, Dr. Heather Cichanowski, a 1995 graduate of Saint Mary’s and lifelong…
Sophomore ‘miles ahead of his peers’ after research experience with Mayo Clinic Health System
By Tom Brandes Who knew that when Brandon Merfeld tore his ulnar collateral ligament in high school, the result would…
The perfect environment for learning biology
By Maura Sullivan Hill Klaüs Friedli says he has fished in every trout stream in Winona County at least once.…