Give Your Career a Boost
What makes a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota unique?
It’s simple—our practitioner-led learning model. Saint Mary’s instructors are leaders in the field who are focused on empowering you as a business professional, providing real-world examples, and helping you develop a professional network that will support you in your educational journey and beyond. Your experience at Saint Mary’s will be tremendously rewarding—personally and professionally. When you graduate, you’ll be ready to tackle the new challenges that come with advancement and increased leadership responsibilities.
Watch our webinar
Skills For Business Leaders
Learn more about our advanced degree options in our Graduate School of Business and Technology. Hear about our workplace focused learning in a wide range of fields.
Increase your earning potential and your advancement opportunities.
Learn from faculty with in-field experience and connections.
Learn on your own time, anytime, with online or on-campus classes.
The M.B.A. curriculum at Saint Mary’s gives you the option to select from one of four specialization tracks:
- Healthcare Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
Students may also choose to pursue a master’s without specialization and select courses from each of these core areas.
Already Have Your Master’s?
If you already have your master’s degree, take a closer look at our Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program—a unique opportunity to explore your passions through research and reflection alongside highly regarded scholar-practitioners.
From Start to Finish
You can earn your Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) using a delivery option and timeline of your choice:
- on campus (two and a half years; can be completed sooner if you double-up on credits)
- online (a little more than a year)
Students can start the program every 8 weeks.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel), and
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits.(An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated by a university accepted evaluation source, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards).
A reflective essay which includes the following:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience; and
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program; and
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities; and
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Two letters of recommendation that verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability; and
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
- Applicants with international transcripts may require an English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or MELAB accepted.)
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Frequently Asked Questions
The GMAT or GRE are not required for admission into the M.B.A. program. The curriculum has been restructured in order to maximize access for all individuals interested in pursuing an M.B.A. degree. The first 4 courses (M.B.A. 616-619) of the program now cover necessary essential foundational knowledge in order to prepare all learners to succeed in the M.B.A. program.
You do not need a business background or a business related bachelor's degree to gain acceptance into the M.B.A. program. The first 4 courses (M.B.A. 616-619) of the program now cover necessary essential foundational knowledge in order to prepare all learners to succeed in the M.B.A. program.
The general M.B.A. program at 39 credits will take ~2 years and 8 weeks (2 months) to complete at full-time status (6 credits per semester, 1 course per 8 weeks). The specialization M.B.A. degree at 45 credits will take ~2 years and 24 weeks (6 months).
The general M.B.A. program at 39 credits costs ~$19,695. The specialization M.B.A. at 45 credits costs ~$22,725. (Cost estimates do not include $25 application fee or book fees.)