Military & Veteran Services- Graduate and Bachelor's Completion - Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Skip to Main Content
  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Admissions
  4. /
  5. Military & Veteran
  6. /
  7. Military & Veteran Services-...

Military and Veteran Services–Graduate and Bachelor's Completion

Serving Those Who Have Served—Graduate and Bachelor’s Completion Programs


Saint Mary’s is dedicated to the success of our students who are active-duty service members, reservists, veterans, and family members of those who have served.


We understand the unique challenges of transitioning into a university environment and we are committed to providing a setting where you can achieve your personal and academic goals. At Saint Mary’s, we have VA School Certifying Officials and a Higher Education Veteran Program Coordinator on campus to assist you in your educational journey. For more information about our support services, go to our Student Central page.

In addition, we offer deferred billing, have generous transfer credit policies, offer free transcript evaluations, and waive the admission application fee.

Find Us

La Salle Hall, Room 158
Twin Cities Campus
Hours: Monday–Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

More Information

    • Apply for admission to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
    • Submit military and official college transcripts to determine credit for previous experience and learning
    • Apply for the appropriate chapter of GI Bill® Veterans Benefits through, eBenefits, or VONAPP
      • If you are a new GI Bill® user and are a servicemember or Veteran please complete Form 22-1990 found on
      • If you are a dependent and need the VA Form 22-1990E (Chapter 22 Transfer of Entitlement) or VA Form 22-5490 (Chapter 35 beneficiaries), you can access the forms through eBenefits, or VONAPP
      • If you have used benefits in the past and need to complete VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5494 to inform the VA of the change, continue to access the forms through eBenefits, or VONAPP
      • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation applicants: Contact your VR&E Counselor to determine eligibility. If you are applying for this benefit for the first time, contact the St. Paul Regional Benefit Office
      • Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) applicants: To apply for this benefit, complete Form 22-5490. If you have previously used this benefit at another institution, complete Form 22-5495.
    • Minnesota Residents: Apply for the Minnesota GI Bill® grant
      • Check your eligibility and apply online
      • Submit a FAFSA (school code: 002380)
      • Submit a copy of your DD-214 to the School Certifying Official
    • Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the School Certifying Official
    • Register for courses
    • If using Federal Tuition Assistance, apply for approval after course registration and submit the tuition authorization to School Certifying Official

  • Many veterans are not aware of which state and federal benefits they are entitled to or how to begin receiving them. The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs launched the Higher Education Veteran Program in 2006 to help connect veterans with educational benefits and resources to succeed in their education.

    Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is proud to host Duane Bauer II, Central Metro Regional Coordinator for the Higher Education Veteran Program, on our Twin Cities Campus. Duane provides knowledge and years of experience to help identify and remove barriers in veteran student enrollment and access to benefits.

    Duane is located in La Salle Hall and provides support to veterans and current military members and their families by providing comprehensive information about benefits and resources. If you have questions about benefit eligibility or need assistance navigating the benefit process, please contact Duane:

    Duane Bauer II
    Central Metro Regional Coordinator – Higher Education Veteran Program
    Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
    Duane’s Calendar