Military & Veteran Undergraduate - Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Skip to Main Content

First-year Students! Deposit here!

Go Back

Military and Veteran Services–Undergraduate

Serving Those Who Have Served—Undergraduate Programs


Saint Mary’s is dedicated to the success of our students who are active-duty service members, reservists, veterans, and family members of those who have served.

We understand the unique challenges of transitioning into a university environment and are committed to providing a setting where you can achieve your personal and academic goals. At Saint Mary’s, we have VA School Certifying Officials and a Higher Education Veteran Program Coordinator on campus to assist you in your educational journey.

In addition, we offer deferred billing, have generous transfer credit policies, offer free transcript evaluations, and waive the admission application fee.

Find Us

Saint Mary’s Hall, Room 32
Winona Campus
Hours: Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Veterans Services Coordinator
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
700 Terrace Heights
Winona, MN 55987-1399

Steps to Apply

  • Apply for admission to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
  • Submit military and official college transcripts to determine credit for previous experience and learning
  • Apply for the appropriate chapter of GI Bill® Veterans Benefits through VONAPP
    • If you are applying for benefits for the first time, complete Form 22-1990
    • If you have previously used your benefits at another institution, complete Form 22-1995 to transfer them for use at Saint Mary’s
    • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation applicants: Contact your VR&E Counselor to determine eligibility. If you are applying for this benefit for the first time, contact the St. Paul Regional Benefit Office
    • Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) applicants: To apply for this benefit, complete Form 22-5490. If you have previously used this benefit at another institution, complete Form 22-5495.
  • Minnesota Residents: Apply for the Minnesota GI Bill® grant
    • Check your eligibility and apply online
    • Submit a FAFSA (school code: 002380)
    • Submit a copy of your DD-214 to the School Certifying Official
  • Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the School Certifying Official
  • Register for courses
  • If using Federal Tuition Assistance, apply for approval after course registration and submit the tuition authorization to School Certifying Official