- Accredited by the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (PMI-GAC)
- PMBOK®-aligned program
- Prepare for the Project Management Professional® (PMP) exam and other PMI certifications
- Taught by practicing professionals who are experts in their fields, many currently working for Fortune 500 companies
- Complete our M.S. in Project Management program for a 12-month reduction to the project management work experience required to seek Project Management PMP® certification
- Ranked #12 on College Rank’s list of the top 20 project management degree programs in the U.S.
What You'll Learn
- Evaluate the business and project environment for the most effective project management approach that maximizes value
- Analyze and implement appropriate project management principles and performance domains
- Tailor project management approaches, governance, and processes to align with project environments
- Apply communication, critical thinking, and leadership skills in various project management contexts
- Incorporate an ethical perspective in all professional activities
- Develop and apply skills and disposition to work with diverse populations
Virtual Information Session
Ready to apply? Learn about taking the next steps.
- Applicants may apply for admission to master’s degree programs at any time during the year. Students can start the blended program at the beginning of fall semester. Students can start the online program at the beginning of fall, spring, or summer semester.
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 2.75 will be considered for conditional admission.
Students with transcripts from universities outside the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada (except for the Quebec Province) must take and pass English proficiency testing.
Saint Mary’s accepts:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 72
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0
- Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 74%
- International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) with a minimum score of 4.0 or Pearson Test of English with a score of 51
- Duolingo with a minimum score of 100.
Your application must include the following items:
- A completed application form
- An official transcript(s) issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution.
- An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution.
- Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards.
- Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
- A personal statement that includes the following:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience; and
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and their reasons for seeking admission to the program; and
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities; and
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Names of two people (including title, organization, email, phone number) who could serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process.
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
Official Transcripts should be sent to Office of Admission
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Or electronically: email@example.com
Please reach out with any questions about the application process.
Phone: (612) 728-5100
Toll-free: (866) 437-2788
Aug. 2, 2024
Sept. 3, 2024
You can expect to be notified about your acceptance approximately two weeks following your application completion date.
Tuition & Fees
We help you find ways to finance your education. Talk to your Enrollment Counselor about scholarships, loans, and other ways to make education affordable.
You’ll take courses such as:
- Agile Projects
- Project Leadership Team and Stakeholder Management
- Project Quality and Quantitative Methods
- Project Risk and Uncertainty Management
The course catalog provides complete information about course requirements.
Over 128,000 new project management positions will be created each year for the next five years. Stand out in your career as a project coordinator, junior to senior project manager, business analyst, PMO (project management office) manager, or program manager.
Project Management Specialists$98,500 per year*
Construction Manager$98,890 per year*
Business Analyst$93,000 per year*
Advance your career with flexible programs designed for busy professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Saint Mary’s, we want you to succeed, and we help you do so, inside and outside of the classroom:
Student Central: Your one-stop for student services.
Library: Resources and services are available 24/7 to all students.
Writing Center: Offers virtual and face-to-face services to support students.
Career Services: Can help you develop your career-readiness skills at any point in your education.
If you are in a degree-granting program and enrolled at least half time, you may be eligible for financial aid.
Life gets busy. Whether you’re raising a family, pursuing your career, or playing an active role in your community, we know you want to keep up with what you love while you take the next step in your career. That’s why Saint Mary’s online programs are flexible and designed to fit your demanding life.
News from the School of Business and Technology
Sources and Disclaimer
- Project Management Institute. Talent Gap: Ten-Year Employment Trends, Costs, and Global Implications at https://www.pmi.org/learning/careers/talent-gap-2021 (visited June 2, 2023).
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Project Management Specialists, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/project-management-specialists.htm (visited May 10, 2023).
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Construction Managers, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/construction-managers.htm (visited May 10, 2023).
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Analysts, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm (visited May 10, 2023).