What You Will Learn
The online Master of Arts in Health and Human Services Administration program from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota will equip graduates with skills to perform the following:
- Provide operational leadership and management to promote organizational quality and sustainability.
- Demonstrate respectful engagement of others’ ideas, behaviors, and beliefs.
- Construct and manage a system of governance to implement the organizational vision and mission.
- Resolve issues based on evidence weighed against relevant criteria.
- Develop and assess strategic program planning to enhance future growth and change as well as quality assurance.
- Understand personal leadership style and its impact on an organization.
- Provide effective human resource management skills to enhance organizational performance.
- Apply theories and strategies of human resource management.
- Develop strategies to promote continual improvement of human performance.
- Identify and foster stakeholder relationships to achieve operational goals.
- Apply change management skills related to human resource management.
- Develop financial acumen to contribute to the vitality and viability of health care or long-term care/human services organizations.
- Evaluate and apply compliance standards for financial operations.
- Determine the financial impacts of regional and national economics and public policy.
Each course will contain specific course learning outcomes that are mapped to the program learning outcomes. Each course will contain time estimates for readings and activities for assessment purposes.
- Develop and utilize budgets for planning and decision-making.
- Integrate knowledge of organizational design, governance, and public policy into health care or long-term care/human services administration.
- Evaluate relevant information and its sources.
- Apply diverse frames of reference to decisions and actions.
- Locate, evaluate, and implement plans to address accreditation and regulatory guidelines.
- Describe and influence the creation of public policy.
- Develop ethical leadership skills and dispositional attitudes to manage projects and collaborations, with a focus on system redesign and application of advanced technologies.
- Frame vital questions clearly.
- Assess the congruence between personal norms and ethical principles.
- Communicate with clarity and coherence.
- Develop a subject, including relevance, logic, grasps of the subject, and depth of discussion.
- Implement plans, partnerships, and policies that address related local and national regulations and community needs.
- Create policies to address community needs through interagency agreements.
- Develop plans to monitor and incorporate ongoing regulatory changes.
- Create an environment and systems for culturally appropriate care.
Get Started Now
Request information to download your free program brochure and learn more about Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online programs. An enrollment counselor will contact you shortly to share more information and answer your questions.
When you’re ready, click Apply Now to start your online application.