Skemp Hall Is Open to All First-Year Female Students
Skemp Hall was originally built as a two-level gymnasium annex to Heffron Hall. In 1965, it was remodeled into a three-story residence hall. At that time, it was named in honor of Thomas Skemp, a beloved teacher and coach at Saint Mary's in the 1920s.
Skemp houses approximately 105 female residents in double rooms. Multiple private showers and restrooms are located on each floor. The hall is substance-free, and for the safety of its residents, is locked 24 hours a day. This residence hall is connected to Saint Mary's Hall (the main academic building).
Common Areas Included in Skemp
- Three main television/study lounges
- Computer pod with two computers and a printer
- Coinless laundry facilities included in room and board
- Community kitchen, with a stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator
Rooms are approximately 15’ x 17’.
Skemp's rooms are not carpeted.
- 2 beds with extra-long mattresses
- Walk-in closet with clothing bar and shelving
- Built-in desks
- 2 desk chairs
Cable and internet hookup (including access to the Saint Mary’s wireless network)
Exception to the Above
Skemp 131 and 331 are triples with the following changes to their layouts and amenities:
- Bedroom—12' x 15'
- Second room—12 ' x 17'
- Private bathroom, no shower