Cutting-Edge Technology, The Edge for Your Career
To compete in the world of information technology, you need a STEM-designated degree that delivers real-world training, offers additional specializations to prepare you to pursue professional certifications, and showcases your accomplishments and skills to future employers and the digital world.
Technology is the backbone of any business or organization. That’s why employers must seek highly-qualified professionals with the most relevant and up-to-date knowledge, tech-savvy skill set, and ethical principles. Saint Mary’s B.S. in Information Technology program is designed to equip you with the tools to stand out as a competent, trained, and highly-skilled IT professional.
This STEM-designated program provides you with hands-on learning based on real-world scenarios to maximize the skills you’ll need in your IT career. As a graduate, you’ll be prepared to manage technical challenges and develop innovative solutions in the private and public sectors. Develop skills in various IT areas, including:
- Basic computer programming
- Business intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Database design and management
- Information security
- Network administration
Get More, in Less Time, with a Degree from Saint Mary’s
Complete the standard Information Technology program, or select a specialization to stand out:
- Business Intelligence
- Network Administration
The cybersecurity and network administration specializations will give you industry-leading knowledge and the confidence to pursue the CompTIA Security+ or CompTIA Network+ certifications, the gold standards for IT professionals.
Responsible best practices, ethical, and social responsibility is emphasized throughout your coursework and embedded in your program. You'll learn to lead with character and integrity, becoming a force of goodness in your career, your community, and your life.
Show your social connections and professional network the value of your IT skills by earning a digital badge upon completion of this program. Get the recognition you deserve — and gain the professional edge in the IT field.
What You’ll Learn
- Explain the fundamental information technology concepts and applications.
- Synthesize knowledge of basic computer programming concepts.
- Apply knowledge of information technology to design systems for business application.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity issues and cybersecurity administration strategies.
- Explain the processes and technologies involved with organizational data management, database design, and relational database retrieval.
- Demonstrate the use of cloud computing applications by organizations.
- Communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Recognize the ethical implications of information technology-related actions.
- Work effectively with diverse populations from a culturally competent perspective.
- Continue professional and personal development.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Careers in IT are diverse as technology itself. Pursue a career as a database administrator, network administrator, systems analyst, or information security analyst. The demand for computer and information systems managers is booming at a staggering rate of 11% from 2020 to 2023, with over 52,700 new job openings and a median annual salary of $151,150.1
Saint Mary’s provides you with the essential tools to advance your career, whether a promotion, new job, or a total career change. As a graduate of the B.S. in Information technology degree completion program, you can take your education even further with these master’s level programs:
- M.S. in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- M.S. in Cybersecurity
- M.S. in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics
- M.S. in Project Management
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computers and Information Systems Managers at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm (visited March, 21, 2022).