TV screens placed around our Winona and Twin Cities campuses are used to share important messages and advertise on-campus events. Think of them like a digital poster.
If your club, organization, or department would like to share information on the screens, you can submit your request at community.smumn.edu/forms/tv-monitor-displays. Students should submit through their advisers.
To help you get started, the Marketing and Communication team has created PowerPoint design templates you can use to create your slide for the TV screens. These templates can be found at smumn.edu/brandresources.
Here are a few tips for creating your slide:
- A JPG file or editable PowerPoint format is accepted.
- TV screen size is 1920×1080 pixels (or the Widescreen 16:9 slide size in PowerPoint).
- A maximum of 30 words per slide is recommended as each slide cycles through displaying for only seven seconds at a time.
- The Saint Mary’s Writing Styleguide offers helpful guidance on frequently used terms and other writing best practices.
- In general, it is not best practice to take a poster design and copy/paste it to the slide. Most often, it will be better to extract the content from the poster and use it to create a slide.
- Many screens have multiple users, so please limit the number of postings you request as much as possible.
If you have questions, contact James “Twigz” McGuire, coordinator of Recreation, Involvement, and Student Engagement (R.I.S.E.), at 507-457-1686 or RISE@smumn.edu.