This free, four-week, virtual series will address topics including stress management, time management, test anxiety, and self-esteem. Participate in the entire series or select the topics of interest to you. The program is being offered by Saint Mary’s University graduate student Emerald Yeshidagne as part of her work in the counseling and psychological services program.
Sessions are held virtually on Thursdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Register at Stress Reduction Series
Questions? Call 651-440-9159 or email email@example.com.
April 1: Stress Management
- What is stress and its purpose?
- Effects of stress on the body and mind
- Dealing with stress and other mental illness
- Stress management techniques to practice
April 8: Time Management
- Benefits of learning time management skills
- Barriers often faced to using time management skills
- Time management and relationship to mental health
- Techniques that can be practiced
April 15: Test Anxiety
- What is test anxiety?
- What’s the difference between test anxiety and anxiety disorders?
- Working with test anxiety and mental health
- Techniques to help manage test anxiety and be more successful
April 22: Self-Esteem
- Core beliefs
- Reframing negative self-talk to positive self-talk
- Self-esteem and mental health
- Techniques to help increase self-esteem and self-worth
For additional mental health resources, see the Wellness Center Website