Accelerate Your Accounting Career
With many accounting firms preferring candidates with a graduate-level education, the online Master of Science in Accounting from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota prepares you for one of the country’s most secure professions. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employers will post 126,500 accountant and auditor jobs each year, on average, from 2022 to 2032.1
The strategic design of our online M.S. in Accounting program also equips you for management-level accounting careers. You’ll gain the soft skills necessary to lead and the technical skills required to take your accounting expertise to the next level.
Accounting-Related Titles: Promising Returns
A master’s degree in accounting prepares you for many career opportunities. It makes you more attractive to potential employers in many industries, including government agencies, private financial firms, hedge fund accounting, forensic accounting, and traditional accounting firms.
Leaders in the accounting field are some of today’s highest-paid professionals. Some of the best opportunities include:
- Financial Managers: $131,7102
- Financial Analysts: $96,2203
- Budget Analysts: $82,2604
- Finance and Insurance Accountants and Auditors: $81,0201
- Accountants and Auditors (General): $78,0001
CPA and CMA Certification
As you earn your master’s, you’ll receive credits toward the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, and learn content knowledge to help prepare you for the CPA exam and/or the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification.*
Attaining CPA and CMA certifications helps boost your earning potential. Payscale reported that CPAs made an average base salary of $96,000 as of September 2023,5 and CMAs made $100,000.6 Start your path to certification with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, and you’ll receive a $700 discount for the CMA Platinum Review Course and a $750 discount on the CPA Gold Review Course.**
Program Outcomes: Precision and Performance
Whatever the job calls for, you’ll be ready to handle the numbers and keep finances on track. When you complete your online M.S. in Accounting, you’ll be ready to:
- Use advanced accounting knowledge to address organizational issues
- Evaluate complex accounting situations
- Assess emerging and global accounting issues that can contribute to organizational success
- Articulate a process for making ethical decisions
- Manage accounting teams to achieve established goals
- Communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
Get Started Now
Request more information to learn more about Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online programs. An enrollment counselor will contact you shortly to share more information and answer your questions. When you’re ready, you can click Apply Now to start your online application.
Sources and Disclaimers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Accountants and Auditors.” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Financial Managers.” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Financial Analysts.” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Budget Analysts.” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/budget-analysts.htm.
- Payscale, “Salary for Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA).” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Certification=Certified_Public_Accountant_(CPA)/Salary.
- Payscale, “Salary for Certification: Certified Management Accountant (CMA).” Retrieved September 7, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Certification=Certified_Management_Accountant_(CMA)/Salary.
*Certification requirements vary by state; it is the responsibility of individual students to review all requirements and criteria for the state in which they are seeking certification. Learn more about professional licensure here.
**You must use your Saint Mary’s email to purchase these products or you run the risk of losing access to the materials after you purchase them. Emails are routinely monitored to ensure compliance.