A new, shared website has been created to unify Winona and Twin Cities library services, which can be previewed at lib.smumn.edu. The new website will launch on Monday, Aug. 23, and features:
- 24/7 chat services
- SuperSearch, the libraries’ unified search tool
- Mobile-friendly design
- Enhanced navigation (site search, user-friendly organization, and menus)
To support you during this transition, we plan to:
- Keep the Winona library and Twin Cities library websites available until Monday, Dec. 20, 2021.
- Include links to the Winona library and Twin Cities library websites on the new website’s homepage.
- Inform students about this change in the CommUNITY newsletter, digital signage, and library instruction.
- Update links (Canvas, the university website, etc.) to the new website URL to promote usage.
- Demo the new website during library instruction as well as at school, department, and committee meetings as requested. To arrange a Zoom presentation, email our new, shared account at email@example.com.
This website launch culminates a year’s work, during which we sought to understand student and faculty needs universitywide through student interviews, data analysis, and in-depth discussions. The new website highlights consolidated library services, search tools, and research guides. Ultimately, we hope that the new website raises awareness that you may use both libraries; increases access to the libraries’ collections and staff; and mimics the experience you have face-to-face in the libraries, feeling as though a friendly and knowledgeable librarian is guiding you through the research process.
We value your input and will continuously improve the new website with your feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, suggestions, or interest in participating in usability testing.