All faculty, staff, students and their families are invited to a day-long event in celebration of the last day of classes at Saint Mary’s. All events will be held in the plaza (or Saint Mary’s Gymnasium). And all events are free unless otherwise noted.
11 a.m. to 4 p.m., enjoy:
- An all-campus garage sale. If you’d like a table, you must pre-register with Mike Ostman starting April 16 and bring your own change. Get rid of all the stuff you’ve accumulated throughout the year that won’t fit in the car ride home.
- Bean bag and giant ladder ball tournaments sponsored by Intramurals.
- Inflatables — including a 134-foot obstacle course; a two-person joust; a velcro wall; wipeout; and a human-sized pool table.
- Massage chairs. Available for a small fee, but who can put a price on relaxing?
- A destructive senior class fundraiser. Grab a sledgehammer and take a swing at some furniture … or maybe even a car! Students and faculty: take out your pre-final stress and frustration while you raise money for the seniors.
Have any furniture you’re willing to donate to the cause? Contact Mike Ostman (firstname.lastname@example.org). Items with glass must have the glass removed. Mattresses and items with bulbs or chemicals will not be accepted.
- Lunch, served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the plaza only.
4 p.m., the new Student Senate Executive Board will be inaugurated.
5 to 7:30 p.m., dinner will be served in the plaza only.
5 to 7 p.m., the amphitheater will be filled with events including:
- For the Flowers, a WSHS band featuring Dr. Rebecca Hopkins’ son, from 4:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cash bar from 6 to 10 p.m. with proper ID.
- The Comedy Sportz Improv Troupe from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m.
- Midwest Dueling Pianos from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- The band Kind Country from 9 to 11 p.m.
- The last Open Mic Night of the year from 11 p.m. to midnight.
Get your commemorative T-shirts and sunglasses (while supplies last) and enjoy the day with your Saint Mary’s family.
Event sponsors include:
Student Athletic Advisory Committee
Black Students and Allies
Future Alumni Committee
Office of Student Activities
Student Activities Committee
Minnesota City Customs
Photo caption: Kind Country