The Winona Campus COVID-19 Management Team composed an executive report for fall 2020 which includes information and data of COVID-19 cases among undergraduate students at the College. Here are a few details worth noting.
Number of Winona Campus students who tested positive: 91
Number of tests administered in the Jay Johnson Wellness Center: 138
Isolation and quarantine
Total number of students who were in isolation:
- 37 at home or off campus
- 54 at the Alverna Center
Total of students who were in quarantine (note: some students may have been quarantined more than once):
- 377 students in quarantine
- 154 went home
- 34 were off-campus
- 27 went to the Alverna Center
- 162 remained in their on-campus room assignment
Number of meals delivered to students in isolation and quarantine: approximately 6,200
- We did not see exposures in classrooms.
- We saw no infections as a result of contact in the classroom.
Most frequent sources of close contact exposure:
- Athletic teams (likely more related to interactions outside of practices)
- Performing Arts groups (likely more related to social interactions outside of practices and performances)
- Students eating together
- Families or pods of students who lived together
- Students who traveled in vehicles together
- Students who traveled home or to other locations
COVID-19 Management Team
The Winona Campus COVID-19 Management Team includes Marisa Naryka, Ed.D., assistant vice president for Student Life; Christina Uribe Nitti, director of Health Services; Alisa Macksey, dean of Student Success and First Generation Initiative; and Jill Collum, head athletic trainer.