As we continue to work to mitigate against the spread of COVID-19, the university has approved the suspension or modification of the following events for spring semester:
- The Cardinal Excellence Fund Dinner, scheduled for March 2021, has been suspended. Hall of Fame winners for 2020 and 2021 will be recognized virtually this spring.
- Founders’ Day, scheduled for March 2021, has been suspended. The winners of the Brother Charles Severin Award for faculty and the Distinguished Lasallian Educator will be recognized at a small private gathering for the award recipients and their guests. The nominees for the Outstanding Senior Awards and the winners of those awards will be recognized at a small gathering for the nominees.
- The Student Life Awards event, scheduled for April 2021 in Winona, has been suspended. Award winners will be recognized by the Office of Student Affairs and announced in the CommUNITY and Cardinal Update newsletters.
- The Winona Campus Service Awards event, scheduled for April 2021, has been suspended. Awardees and retirees will be announced in the Cardinal Update.
- The Winona Campus Celebration of Scholarship, scheduled for April 2021, has been suspended. Academic departments will determine how to proceed with their students.
No decision has been made on May commencement in Winona. We continue to hope that commencement can be held in person on May 8, 2021, as planned.