Based on new guidelines released by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, Winona Health is expanding the criteria for its COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinic.
COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinic
Thursday, March 11, 8 a.m.
Parkview Office Building
855 Mankato Ave. in Winona
(Adjacent to the hospital)
The expanded criteria include:
Phase 1b Tier 2 populations, including:
- Minnesotans with specific underlying health conditions: sickle cell disease, Down syndrome, those in cancer treatment or immunocompromised from organ transplant, oxygen-dependent chronic lung and heart conditions (COPD and CHF)
- Targeted essential workers: food processing plant workers
- Minnesotans with rare conditions or disabilities that put them at higher risk of severe illness
Phase 1b Tier 3 populations, including:
- Minnesotans age 45 years and older with one or more underlying medical conditions identified by the CDC
- Minnesotans age 16 years and older with two or more underlying medical conditions*
- Minnesotans age 50 years and older in multi-generational housing
- Essential frontline workers: agricultural, airport staff, additional child care workers not previously eligible, correctional settings, first responders, food production, food retail, food service, judicial system workers, manufacturing, public health workers, public transit, and U.S. Postal Service workers
This walk-in clinic is open to Winona and Fillmore county residents and Winona Health patients who live outside those counties. The clinic will be in the Parkview Office Building, 855 Mankato Ave., in Winona, adjacent to the hospital.
Please wear clothing that allows for quickly exposing upper arm without requiring privacy.
Winona Health has 400 doses of the Pfizer vaccine to administer that day. A photo ID will be required.
When coming to Winona Health for a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, each of which requires a second dose, a vaccination card is provided that confirms which vaccine was given, along with the date and location of the Vaccine clinic. A reminder card is also provided indicating the second dose appointment date and time. First and second doses are provided in the same location in the Parkview Office Building on the Winona Health campus.