"Ask about Remote Learning Options!"
M.S. in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has long been a leader in providing students with the educational foundation and in-field experience necessary for successful careers and leadership positions in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics.
Interest in the field has increased significantly with the U.S. Department of Labor predicting an annual growth rate of 35 percent for the geospatial technology industry. In addition, analytical technologies are predicted for current and future growth (NMC Horizon Report, 2018) and according to IBM (2017), by 2020, there will be approximately 2,720,000 jobs available in fields served by data professionals.
Career paths for students who obtain their Master of Science in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics are quite varied and diversified including careers in information technology, data science, business analytics, asset and natural resource management, market analysts, urban planning, cloud/network administrators, public safety and emergency management, and surveying/drone data collection to name a few. Regardless of your profession, your Saint Mary’s education will give you:
- A comprehensive understanding of effective research strategies
- Real-world examples and hands-on experience to promote the efficient use of technology analytics and intelligence frameworks used in decision making
- Thorough knowledge of data development techniques, analysis, and evaluation
- Applied in-depth experience with geospatial technology in multiple fields ranging from health, natural resources, and business to urban planning, emergency management, and public policy
- Experience in connecting concepts of data collection, data engineering, data science, and geoanalytics
In addition to the classroom environment, Saint Mary’s provides the option for applied learning experience through the university’s unique GeoSpatial Services affiliate, which gives students the opportunity to work in a mentored environment on active client projects. Saint Mary’s real-world experience, combined with networking opportunities with potential employers and alums, no doubt gives its students an advantage when beginning the career search.
GIS Graduate Certificate
For those students who are looking for a thorough background in GIS theory and use but are not seeking a degree, we encourage you to learn more about Saint Mary’s Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science. Successful completion of the certificate program will allow you to apply for professional GIS certification through the GIS Certification Institute.
Virtual Information Session
Listen to the dean of Saint Mary’s University’s School of Business and Technology and the M.S. in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics program director to learn more about the school and program.