- Our program serves as a stepping stone to the nationally-recognized Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, the gold standard for accounting professionals.
- Our program prepares you to confidently sit for the internationally-recognized Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam, setting the stage for a successful career trajectory.
- Saint Mary’s Accounting major is accredited by the prestigious International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), underscoring our commitment to excellence and best practices in business education.
What You'll Learn
- Fundamental business concepts, theories, and practices
- Business environmental factors at domestic and global levels
- Legal and ethical business principles; applications of business decision-making
- Business-related quantitative methods and tools to aid decision-making
- Business concepts/functions and interrelated associations between functional areas
- Effectively work with diverse colleagues in team situations
Your journey towards a brighter future starts here. Whether you’re a high school graduate starting your college search — or a transfer student eager to find the perfect fit — Saint Mary’s is committed to helping you find your place in the world.
Careers that look to the future.
The demand for highly competent and qualified accountants is rising due to globalization, an evolving digital world, and complex regulatory requirements — from corporations, public accounting firms, and nonprofit organizations. An accountant's median annual salary is $77,250 with over 81,00 new jobs expected between 2021 to 2031.1
Accountant or auditor$77,250
News from the School of Business and Technology
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Accountants and Auditors at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm (visited Aug. 10, 2023).