Individual credits and completion times vary
- Stand out and enhance your business administration degree with a specialization in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, or Marketing.
- Take up to 15 graduate credits and start your MBA while completing your B.S. in Business Administration.
What You'll Learn
Business operation practices in a contemporary global economy
- Financial principles to business decisions and projects
- Economic forces that influence business operations
- Management and leadership skills required in contemporary business organizations
- Marketing strategies required for business organizations
- Business intelligence techniques for business operations and strategic decision-making
Join us for an information session to learn more about programs, how to apply, transferring your credits, and more. We offer live information sessions where you can meet other prospective learners and faculty, as well as an archive you can listen to on your own time.
Let’s Make it Count
Prior credits earned, past work experience, and military service all count toward finishing your degree. All of them. Applying the credits you already have toward the career you want — and do it faster than you thought possible.
- Your past credits are always eligible – they never expire
- Technical college credits are accepted
- Transfer up to 90 credits (75% of your bachelor of science degree)
- Transfer credits for prior learning
- You can apply standardized tests such as CLEP or DSST toward your degree.
- We accept military, industry, and business training via the American Council on Education (ACE) or PLA.
Submit your transcripts and we’ll get started creating a personalized degree plan for you. Find out how quickly you can earn your degree.
Apply for Admission
Apply anytime to finish your bachelor’s degree. Many of the programs have six start times per year. Start here to take the next step.
- Applicants must demonstrate an overall grade point average of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale with evidence of at least 30 transferable semester credits¹.
- These credits must include completion of one basic English composition course with a grade of C- or better.²
- Applicants may be required to complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admissions process.
¹These credits may be made up of:
- Industry Training and Military Separation Paper carrying American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations or,
- Past College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) exam credits or,
- International credits evaluated by a source accepted by Saint Mary’s University or,
- Any credits transferable from a regionally accredited or non-regionally accredited institution.
²The English composition course requirement helps the student prepare for college level coursework. The applicant may be conditionally admitted if he or she cannot prove competency in this area, in which case the CLEP College Composition exam with essay or a similar university course must be taken within the first semester of study at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
Students who have completed 30 credits from an accredited institution within the U.S. or the equivalent of these credits from an institution in an approved waiver country are exempt from demonstrating English language proficiency. Otherwise, students with transcripts from universities located outside of the U.S. are required to take and pass English proficiency testing.
Saint Mary’s accepts:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 72
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0
- International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) with a minimum score of 4.0 or Pearson Test of English with a score of 51
- Duolingo Language Test with a minimum score of 100
- Pearson Test of English with a score of 51
Please see our academic catalog for a list of all approved waiver countries.
Your application must include the following items:
- Completed application form
- All official transcripts issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from all previous institutions attended with a minimum of 30 semester credits with a basic English composition course.
- An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution.
- Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards.
- Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
Official Transcripts should be sent to Office of Admission
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out with any questions about the application process.
Phone: (612) 728-5100
Toll-free: (866) 437-2788
Priority Deadlines: Applicants completing the application process by the priority deadline are guaranteed consideration for their intended start date.*
- Fall 2023: Friday, Aug. 4, 2023
- Spring 2024: Friday, Dec. 1, 2023
- Summer 2024: Friday, April 5, 2024
- Fall 2024: Friday, Aug 2, 2024
*Not all programs offer starts each semester
- Fall 2023 : Aug. 28
- Fall 2023 term 2: Oct. 23
- Spring 2024: Jan. 8
- Spring 2024 term 2: March 4
- Fall 2024: Sept. 2
You can expect to be notified about your acceptance approximately two weeks following your application completion date.
Tuition & Fees
We help you find ways to finance your education.Talk to your Enrollment Counselor about scholarships, loans, and other ways to make education affordable.
In addition to foundational courses, you’ll take courses such as:
- Applied Leadership and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Law
The course catalog provides complete information about course requirements.
Careers & Salary
The business world never stops. New jobs are evolving as fast as startups emerge, consumer behavior changes, and technology advances. That’s why you need a business degree that keeps up with the pace of business and life. Aim for a promotion or pursue a new career in the corporate and nonprofit sectors, from business operations and management to retail, sales, finance, and healthcare.
Marketing Manager$113,380 per year*
Business Intelligence Analyst$88,679 per year*
Account Manager$63,348 per year*
Find the right program for right now — or the future. Saint Mary’s offers adult degree completion programs, as well as graduate certificates, master’s, and doctoral degree programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Saint Mary’s offers a generous transfer policy. Many can transfer up to 90 credits toward our degree completion programs. Our transfer counselor specialists will guide you through the process.
At Saint Mary’s, we want you to succeed, and we help you do so, inside and outside of the classroom:
Student Central: Your one stop for student services
Library: Resources and services are available 24/7 to all students.
Writing Center: Offers virtual and face-to-face services to support students
Career Services: Can help you develop your career-readiness skills at any point in your education
The only thing virtual about your online experience is the classroom. Our flexible online programs offer the rigor and reputation you expect from Saint Mary’s.
Explore more here.
If you are in a degree-granting program and enrolled at least half time, you may be eligible for financial aid.
Life gets busy. Whether you’re raising a family, pursuing your career, or playing an active role in your community, we know you want to keep up with what you love while you take the next step in your career. That’s why Saint Mary’s online programs are flexible and designed to fit your demanding life.
News and Information from the School of Business and Technology
Sources and Disclaimer
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm (visited April 19, 2023).
- Salary.com., Analyst, Business Intelligence Salary in the United States at https://www.salary.com/research/salary/listing/analyst-business-intelligence-salary (visited April 19, 2023).
- Indeed, Account Manager Job Description: top Duties and Qualifications at https://www.indeed.com/hire/job-description/account-manager (visited April 18, 2023).
- All other career data on this page can be found at Lightcast (lightcast.io) Q1 2023 Data, September 2022-February 2023.