Guide to transferring your credits toward a bachelor’s degree
Your earned credits, work experience, and military service may all be applied toward one of Saint Mary’s bachelor of science degree programs.
- Your past credits are always eligible - they never expire
- Technical college credits are accepted
- Transfer up to 84 credits (70% of your bachelor of science degree)
- Transfer credits for prior learning
- You can apply standardized tests such as CLEP or DSST toward your degree.
- We accept military, industry, and business training via the American Council on Education (ACE) or PLA.
The Saint Mary’s Transfer Advantage
You need 120 credits to earn the bachelor of science degree, including a minimum of 36 credits from Saint Mary’s. The remaining general education credits can be completed at Saint Mary’s, or transferred from other sources.
Community College Adult Transfer Scholarship
Do you have an associate degree? Whether you earned it last month or 30 years ago, you’re eligible for a $500 scholarship each semester (full time student) throughout your program — on top of your other awards!* Part time students are eligible for a $250 scholarship each semester.
How Do I Apply?
All you need to qualify is be a new student and to have an associate degree from a regionally accredited community or technical college. Ask us about eligible schools. Talk to a transfer counselor and they can start creating a personalized degree plan, giving you a credit estimate of where you are at currently — and what you have left to finish your bachelor’s degree at Saint Mary’s
*Scholarship applicants do not need to complete the FAFSA to qualify. The non-need based scholarship is financial aid that is not based on financial needs. Scholarship applicants are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to apply for other financial aid such as loans, grants, work-study, additional scholarships, and more.
Plan your degree
Visit with a transfer counselor or submit your transcripts (unofficial or official) at any time for a transfer of credit evaluation.
We’ll provide you with a personalized, preliminary degree plan for a seamless start at Saint Mary’s, including an estimate of how many credits will transfer toward your bachelor of science degree.
Community College Transfer Guides
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka Technical College
- Century College
- Dakota County Technical College
- Dougherty Family College
- Hennepin Technical College
- Inver Hills Community College
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Normandale Community College
- North Hennepin Community College
- Rochester Community and Technical College
- Saint Paul College