- Amidst an array of health-centric programs at Saint Mary’s, our health humanities major charts a distinct route towards an array of healthcare careers without tethering you to extensive science-based coursework.
- Distinct from other medical humanities programs, our major adopts a unique, humanities-driven stance in the exploration of health.
- Our program echoes the Lasallian emphasis on serving all, advocating for social justice, nurturing compassionate care, and fostering professional practices that drive towards the common good.
What You'll Learn
- Cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills
- Moral reasoning and ethical decision-making
- Active listening and perspective-taking
- Rhetorical awareness, research and information literacy
- Critical thinking, creative problem solving, and analytical ability
- Professionalization, self-reflection, and self-presentation
Your journey towards a brighter future starts here. Whether you are a recent high school graduate seeking to immerse yourself in a transformative academic experience or a transfer student eager to find the perfect fit, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is committed to empowering you with knowledge, fostering personal growth, and nurturing the leaders of tomorrow.
Careers that look to the future.
On its own or when paired with appropriate science coursework and / or post baccalaureate degrees, this major can help prepare for many career options within the healthcare system.
Community health worker$48,860
Health services manager$101,340
Healthcare sales and marketing$133,380
News and Information from the School of Health and Human Services