- Benefit from mentors who bring practical industry insights to your education, fostering a supportive environment for growth and learning.
- Develop a compelling digital showcase that highlights your skills, projects, and accomplishments, setting you apart and demonstrating your capabilities to potential employers or further educational pursuits.
- Unlock opportunities to expand your knowledge beyond the core program by pursuing advanced studies in thriving fields like business or psychology, enhancing your expertise and career prospects.
- This STEM program, recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, focuses on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Graduates are in high demand, excelling in the latest technologies and innovating solutions for real-world problems. International students may be eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- Personalize your journey with 19 different minors. Learn more.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding of communication in interpreting human behavior.
- Academic and professional research, writing, analysis, and presentation
- Express messages through multiple media; communication technologies
- Various theories, cases, and best practices
- Acquired skills from internships, careers, and further education
- Gain hands-on experience with contemporary programs, platforms, and software such as HTML, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), Adobe, Dreamweaver, UX/UI tools, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Virtual reality, Social media platforms
Taking on the heavy lifting
“These are things that we’ve done in class; are we gathering information and not just putting out marketing and crossing our fingers and hoping for the best,” he said. “We learned how to target promotions in a very strategic way so we’re not throwing our money out the window.”
Your journey towards a brighter future starts here. Whether you are a recent high school graduate seeking to immerse yourself in a transformative academic experience or a transfer student eager to find the perfect fit, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is committed to empowering you with knowledge, fostering personal growth, and nurturing the leaders of tomorrow.
Careers that look to the future.
Explore careers in advertising, marketing, and communications. Write ads as a copywriter or manage multiple social media accounts. Help create crisis communications plans and share a business’ public image with the world.