The M.S. BIDA Difference
Increase your success by choosing a business intelligence and data analytics degree focused on your professional growth. With Saint Mary’s online M.S. BIDA program, you’ll build the innovative leadership skills you need to further your business career, plus the flexibility you need to prioritize your education without interrupting your personal schedule. You’ll receive support and expert instruction from industry leaders while accessing your courses through a flexible, fully online learning platform.
- An application-based program
- Three certificate offerings to tailor your studies
- Python language offered
- GRE/GMAT not required
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s MS Business Intelligence and Data Analytics program is proudly affiliated with the International Institute for Business Analytics (IIBA). The curriculum is thoughtfully designed to align with the IIBA’s standards for the Business Analytics Body of Knowledge. This strategic alignment provides students with a unique opportunity to enhance their career potential as they pursue their studies. Additionally, students have the option to prepare for an IIBA exam during their coursework, further enhancing their qualifications in the field of business intelligence and data analytics. This affiliation ensures that graduates are well-prepared to excel in the ever-evolving world of business analytics.
Course List & Requirements
The online Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics program offers a curriculum that draws on industry trends, insights from experienced faculty, and technological advancements. To earn the degree, you’ll complete 11 courses, including five core courses, a capstone experience, one MBA course, and four courses from your chosen certificate program.
Stackable Graduate Certificates
Saint Mary’s offers graduate certificates that you can stack with your degree to accelerate your advancement potential. Choose from the following:
Share Your Success
Saint Mary’s supports your success by providing you with the tools necessary to not only achieve your professional goals but to share them with the world—especially the digital world.
As part of our commitment, Saint Mary’s offers an opportunity for you to be awarded digital badges. Digital badges are a graphic verification representing your achievement after completing a specific online course or program.
Pursuing Saint Mary's online Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (M.S. BIDA) is a big step in your career. Before you begin, we must understand where you're coming from to help you get where you want to go. Beyond just GPA or letters of recommendation, we're interested in learning about your past experiences and aspirations to ensure the online M.S. BIDA program is a great fit. For admission to the program, you'll need:
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (If your overall GPA is below 2.75, you may receive provisional status in the program at the discretion of the M.S. BIDA program director.)
- The language proficiency to succeed in graduate-level classes
No prerequisite coursework is required for the online M.S. BIDA program.
GMAT and GRE scores are not required.
You can transfer six credits you’ve earned before admittance to Saint Mary’s.
Transfer credits are subject to graduate school and program criteria, as well as the recommendation of the program director and approval by the dean.
Also, note that work experience is not accepted as credit for this program.
Students with transcripts from universities outside the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada (except for the Quebec Province) are required to take and pass English proficiency testing
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 72
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0
- Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 74%
- International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) with a minimum score of 4.0 or Pearson Test of English with a score of 51
- Duolingo with a minimum score of 100
Whether you apply through our online application via hard copy, or in-person with a Saint Mary’s admissions counselor, your application must include the following items:
$25 non-refundable application fee: Note that Saint Mary’s alumni, students seeking readmission, veterans, and active military personnel are exempt from this application fee.
A written statement: Describe your background, training, career goals, and experience. Tell us why you’re seeking admission to the MS BIDA program, what your personal and professional strengths are, and any other personal information you wish to share.
Two references: Please provide the names of two people (including title, organization, email, and phone number) who can serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who know you professionally, such as current or former supervisors.
An up-to-date résumé: Include both your educational and professional experience.
Official transcripts: An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits must be sent separately and directly from your institution. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Transcript Processing Center
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
Upcoming application deadlines for Saint Mary’s online M.S. BIDA program:
- Spring: December 18, 2023
- Summer: April 22, 2024
- Fall: August 20, 2024
Upcoming start dates for Saint Mary’s online M.S. BIDA program:
- Spring: January 8, 2024
- Summer: May 6, 2024
- Fall: September 3, 2024
Once you’ve submitted your application, expect to be notified about acceptance approximately two weeks after your submission date.
Tuition & Fees
A college education is invaluable. You can take it wherever you want to go or as far as you want to go. The cost of quality education should not get in the way of reaching your goals. Here at Saint Mary’s, we are committed to providing a quality education that is accessible and affordable. Explore cost breakdowns for tuition and other fees of the Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics program.
Master's in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Careers & Salary
No longer does a master’s in business intelligence and data analytics belong to just the math-minded programmer. Business intelligence and analytics inform decision-making and drive optimum results in marketing, business development, purchasing, human resources, accounting, customer service, and more. Our graduates have gone on to pursue careers as Data Analysts, Project Managers, Consultants, Systems Analysts, Operations Analysts, Data Engineers, and more. Many of our students have reported getting jobs or promotions in the field within the first four classes of the M.S. BIDA program. You can advance in one of the following careers that are popular for M.S. BIDA graduates:
Computer and Information Research Scientist$131,4901
Financial and Investment Analyst$166,5603
Operations Research Analyst$82,3605
What You'll Learn
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Analyze the economic and marketing impact on business operations and objectives
- Work with imperfect data to find the perfect solution
- Categorize consumer behavior and assess its influence over buying decisions
- Adapt technology and software solutions to build business intelligence capabilities
- Improve data collection capabilities
- Assess the cause of conflict in organization settings
- Apply ethical strategies to manage conflicts in diverse environments
- Articulate assumptions, analyses, and interpretations of data in an oral format
Saint Mary's University's Center for Business Analytics
Saint Mary’s University’s Center for Business Analytics is a dynamic initiative that aligns perfectly with our institution’s core objectives: fostering community engagement, driving workforce development, and establishing ourselves as a regional hub for activities in the fields of business analytics and cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence. With some of the region’s premier business intelligence and data analytics programs, across multiple campuses, our Center’s mission is to harness these strengths for the betterment of our community. We are dedicated to providing sustainable educational seminars and workshops to a diverse audience, including military veterans, low-income residents, and the underserved. Our primary goals include developing a robust, industry-centered workforce pipeline, advancing industry-relevant research through partnerships, and becoming a recognized hub for thought leadership and cross-institutional collaboration in the exciting realms of business analytics and technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my degree say that it is from an online program?
No. The degree you earn online from Saint Mary's is identical to the degree offered on campus.
Are there set times when I can start the program?
You may apply for admission to Saint Mary's online M.S. in BIDA program at any time. After you are admitted, you may begin taking online classes at the start of any semester: Spring, Summer, or Fall.
Is there a campus residency requirement, or is the program entirely online?
The program is fully online. You do not need to attend Saint Mary's ground campuses.
Is this a self-paced program?
No, these are instructor-led courses. While there are no set class times, there are assignments with set due dates.
Are there any special technology requirements I need for my coursework?
Yes. Certain coursework requires software only compatible with a Windows-based PC and will not properly work on a Mac computer (Apple iOS). Therefore, to be successful in the program, you will either need to use a Windows-based PC or partition your Mac so that the required Windows OS software is available.
Is financial aid available?
Absolutely. Many different types of financial aid are available to those who qualify. To discuss tuition rates and several different financial aid options, call 877-308-9954 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Is this program accredited?
The Higher Learning Commission accredits Saint Mary's University of Minnesota.
How long does the program take?
To earn your online master's degree, you will complete 36 credit hours of program work in as little as one year.*
Will I be required to attend online classes during set times?
No. As long as you submit your assignments by the time they are due, you can work and study when it is most convenient for you.
What are the admissions requirements?
All the information about eligibility and admissions requirements can be found on the program's Overview page.
What type of support is available to me? What if I have a question about homework or need help with a technical issue?
All of the support systems available to on-campus students at Saint Mary's are available for online learners as well. If you need academic support, a team of advisers is ready to assist. Professors are just a phone call or email away, and every online Saint Mary's student is paired with a dedicated student services coordinator who will make sure your educational and professional goals stay on track. Technical support is also available to online students 24/7 at 877-308-9954 ext. 3.
How do I get started?
It's easy! Your journey to a more rewarding career starts by calling 877-308-9954 to speak with an enrollment counselor. Or, you can request more information and we'll reach out to you. If you know Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is the right place to earn your online M.S. in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics degree, go ahead and begin the Online Application Process
Sources and Disclaimer
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Computer and Information Research Scientists.” April 18, 2022. Retrieved on June 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-and-information-research-scientists.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Data Scientists.” March 31, 2022. Retrieved on June 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes152051.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Financial and Investment Analysts.” March 31, 2022. Retrieved on June 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132051.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Management Analysts.” April 18, 2022. Retrieved on June 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Operations Research Analysts.” April 27, 2022. Retrieved on June 14, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/math/operations-research-analysts.htm.
- Salary.com. “Business Analyst.” Retrieved on January 8, 2024, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/listing/business-analyst-salary.
- Salary.com. “AI Developer.” December 27, 2023. Retrieved on January 8, 2024, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/posting/ai-developer-salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Management Occupations.” April 18, 2022. Retrieved on June 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.
* Students who elect to enroll in the M.S. BIDA with the Data Analytics certificate can earn their degree in a year. Other certificate additions may increase program time to completion.