The Online MBA for Your Career Goals
Reach your potential in business by earning an MBA that aligns with your ambitions. Saint Mary’s accelerated online MBA program dives into real-world issues, providing a valuable education that positions you for success. You’ll complete each course online, getting the flexibility to thrive in your classes and life while developing your business acumen. Learn from expert faculty who support your goals with the option to select certificates relevant to growing career fields.
- #1 Minnesota online MBA – 2022 by U.S. News & World Report
- Digital Badging and Graduate Certificates Available (course waivers available for certificates)
- GRE/GMAT Waiver Available
- No Business Background Required
- Complete in Just 12 Months
- Start Dates in January, May, and August
Learn more about the courses you’ll take while completing Saint Mary’s accelerated online MBA program.
Stackable Graduate Certificates
Saint Mary’s offers graduate certificates that you can stack with your MBA degree to accelerate your advancement potential. You can waive two courses if you add a certificate to your MBA program. Choose from the following:
Share Your Success
Saint Mary’s supports your success by providing you with the tools necessary to not only achieve your professional goals but to share them with the world—especially the digital world.
As part of our commitment, Saint Mary’s offers an opportunity for you to be awarded digital badges. Digital badges are a graphic verification representing your achievement after completing a specific online course or program.
Applying for an online master’s degree from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is the first step in securing a sound and successful future. Our admission requirements help us learn more about you and how your goals align with the online MBA program. We consider each part of the application as part of a holistic representation of your unique background.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (If your overall GPA is below 2.75, you may receive provisional status in the program at the discretion of the MBA program director.)
- A minimum of two years of work experience, including quantitative and writing responsibilities, demonstrated through a résumé that shows progressive responsibility in an area that includes both writing and quantitative analysis
- A job-related writing sample, like a business plan, that shows written work as well as financial analysis
- No prerequisite coursework is required for the online MBA
- A background in business is not a prerequisite to joining this program either. You don’t need prior work experience or a business-related bachelor’s degree to be accepted
GRE scores are not required. GMAT scores are required only if you have fewer than two years of work experience.
- You can transfer a maximum of six credits you’ve earned before admittance to Saint Mary’s
- Transfer credits are subject to graduate school and program criteria, as well as the recommendation of the program director and approval by the dean
- Also, note that work experience is not accepted as credit for this program
Students with transcripts from universities outside the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada (except for the Quebec Province) must take and pass English proficiency testing.
Saint Mary’s accepts the:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 72
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0
- Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 74 percent
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 51
- International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) with a minimum score of 4.0
Whether you apply through our online application, via hard copy, or in-person with a Saint Mary’s admissions counselor, your application must include the following items:
- $25 non-refundable application fee: Note that Saint Mary’s alumni, students seeking readmission, veterans, and active military personnel are exempt from this application fee
- Official transcripts: An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits must be sent separately and directly from your institution. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
Transcript Processing Center
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
- An up-to-date résumé: Include both your educational and professional experience
- Two references: Provide the names of two people (including title, organization, email, and phone number) who can serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who know you professionally, such as current or former supervisors
- A written statement: Describe your personal background, training, career goals, and experience. Tell us why you’re seeking admission to the MBA, what your personal and professional strengths are, and any other personal information you wish to share
Upcoming application deadlines for Saint Mary’s online MBA:
- Spring: December 18, 2023
- Summer: April 22, 2024
- Fall: August 20, 2024
Upcoming start dates for Saint Mary’s online MBA:
- Spring: January 8, 2024
- Summer: May 6, 2024
- Fall: September 3, 2024
Once you’ve submitted your application, expect to be notified about acceptance approximately two weeks after your submission date.
Tuition & Fees
A college education is invaluable. You can take it wherever you want to go or as far as you want to go. The cost of quality education should not get in the way of reaching your goals. Here at Saint Mary’s, we are committed to providing a quality education that is accessible and affordable.
Explore cost breakdowns for tuition and other fees of the Accelerated Online MBA Program.
Careers & Salary
Today's rapidly changing business world demands new skills, new knowledge, and industry-specific expertise that comes with an MBA. According to Payscale, professionals with an MBA earn an average of $96,000 per year,1 compared to $76,000 per year for those with a bachelor's degree in business administration.2 Examples of roles with high pay for MBA graduates include:
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers$138,7304
Personal Financial Advisors$95,3905
“I loved the program. Despite being an online program, I still connected with my classmates and built relationships with them. I could also choose topics that interest me, making big projects more fun and enjoyable.” – Takara Archer, 2023 MBA Graduate
“The faculty has been a great resource to reach to with questions. The program has been established in a way that guides the student through the necessary information that will prepare them for the capstone requirements.” – Dan Marshman, 2023 MBA Graduate
What You'll Learn
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Apply quantitative analysis and economic theory
- Communicate effectively across various modes and audiences
- Make pragmatic decisions and apply evidence-based solutions
- Contribute to your organization’s success with broad business knowledge
- Lead organizational improvement initiatives
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Accelerated MBA the Right Choice for You?
The Higher Learning Commission accredits Saint Mary's University of Minnesota.
Are there set times when I can start the program?
You may apply for admission to Saint Mary's online accelerated MBA program anytime. After you are admitted, you may begin taking online classes at the start of any semester: Spring, Summer, or Fall.
Can I transfer credits from another university and graduate program?
You may transfer a maximum of six semester credits earned before admittance upon recommendation of the program director and with the approval of the dean. Your transfer credits are subject to both graduate school and programmatic criteria.
Will I be required to attend online classes during set times?
No. As long as you submit your assignments by the time they are due, you can work and study when it is most convenient for you.
What are the admissions requirements?
All the information about eligibility and admissions requirements can be found on this page.
What type of support is available to me? What if I have a question about homework or need help with a technical issue?
All of the support systems available to on-campus students at Saint Mary's are available for online learners as well. If you need academic support, a team of advisers is ready to assist. Professors are just a phone call or email away, and every online Saint Mary's student is paired with a dedicated student services coordinator who will make sure your educational and professional goals stay on track. Technical support is also available to online students 24/7 at 877-308-9954 ext. 3.
How do I get started?
It's easy! Your journey to a more rewarding career starts by calling 877-308-9954 to speak with an enrollment counselor. Or, you can request more and we'll reach out to you. If you already know Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is the right place to earn your online MBA degree, go ahead and begin the Online Application.
Will my degree say that it is from an online program?
No. The degree you earn online from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is identical to the degree offered on campus.
How long does the program take?
To earn your online master's degree, you will complete 30 credit hours of program work. This is an accelerated program, which means you'll be able to complete your MBA coursework in as little as 12 months.
Is there a campus residency requirement, or is the program entirely online?
The program is fully online. Your capstone project can be completed at an approved domestic organization of your choosing or an international location through Saint Mary's affiliations. If you choose an international location, you will need to travel to that destination.
Is this a self-paced program?
No, these are instructor-led courses. While there are no set class times, there are assignments with set due dates.
Are there any special technology requirements I need for my coursework?
Yes. Certain coursework requires software that is only compatible with a Windows-based PC and will not properly work on a Mac computer (Apple iOS). Therefore, to be successful in the program, you will either need to use a Windows-based PC or partition your Mac so that the required Windows OS software is available.
Is financial aid available?
Absolutely. Many different types of financial aid are available to those who qualify. To discuss tuition rates and a number of different financial aid options, call 877-308-9954 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
- Payscale, “Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Business_Administration_(MBA)/Salary.
- Payscale, “Bachelor of Science (BS/BSc), Business Administration Degree.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_(BS_%2F_BSc)%2C_Business_Administration/Salary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Top Executives.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/top-executives.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Personal Financial Advisors.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/personal-financial-advisors.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Management Analysts.” Retrieved September 6, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Management Occupations.” Retrieved September 26, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/.